DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asus Zenpad Z8s works great with Mavic Mini and M2P

Nuum

Reactions
I just bought this Asus Zenpad Z8s wifi+ verizon cellular from Ebay for $100.00. It works great with both drones. I'm super happy with it. It has 3 GB of ram and 8 GB of storage, but it will sync with the micro sd card you installed. I installed 32 GB so now I have almost 40 GB of storage.
I have to give credit to one of the member at the DJI forum for recommend this tablet.

I just left the Verizon sim card in without activate. I is raining at my house right now, so have to do tested it in the garage.

IMG_20200224_175731.jpgIMG_20200224_180155.jpgIMG_20200224_182433[1].jpg

Reactions: FlyoverDRN and wali
I just bought this Asus Zenpad Z8s wifi+ verizon cellular from Ebay for $100.00. It works great with both drones. I'm super happy with it. It has 3 GB of ram and 8 GB of storage, but it will sync with the micro sd card you installed. I installed 32 GB so now I have almost 40 GB of storage.
I have to give credit to one of the member at the DJI forum for recommend this tablet.

I just left the Verizon sim card in without activate. I is raining at my house right now, so have to do tested it in the garage.

View attachment 94981View attachment 94982View attachment 94986

How is it in sunlight?

Bump. I'd like to know as well.
Edit: NM, I found my answer.

Can someone please confirm if using ASUS Zenpad Z8s (ZT582KL) with the Mavic Air 2? Is it working smoothly with the DJI app is what I want to know before pulling the trigger. Thanks!
It works smoothly. One caveat, you have to turn of video cache to get a smoothe live feed. The tablet is perfect for drone flying though I now use the note 20 exclusively.

Reactions: jpabello and wali
It works smoothly. One caveat, you have to turn of video cache to get a smoothe live feed. The tablet is perfect for drone flying though I now use the note 20 exclusively.

what he said.Thumbswayup

I got one a few days ago and it works great with MA2.
It is picky about the cable you use though. The stock cable works, but its too short. I tried a couple from amazon but THIS ONE was the only winner.
I also got THIS CLIP to mount it to the controller. Its just big enuf to hold it securely, but it'd be great if it was about 2 cm longer to accommodate the case.
Its not the brightest kid on the block, but it's bright enuf. Its also not $400 ($105 on Ebay)
I'll probably repost this on the ma2 forum with an update after I wring it out a bit.

Last edited:
Weird. I bought the same cable and same clip. My last tablet didn't have a compass so I was going to try this tablet out. Good to hear it works. Thanks!!

Reactions: wali
I'm seeing 2 different models for the ZT582KL. OOJASUS and POOJ and I haven't noticed any spec differences. I don't want to buy the wrong one. Anyone know which one I need?

I'm seeing 2 different models for the ZT582KL. OOJASUS and POOJ and I haven't noticed any spec differences. I don't want to buy the wrong one. Anyone know which one I need?
ZT582KL works. From my muddling around, the others don't. But don't take that as gospel. What I do know is the Verizon model ZT582KL does.
Another factoid, this USB C 3.1 2nd gen cables...doesn't work either.

Really wish I could find out what spec DJI requires!!?!?!

Big thanks to aokusman and hdjones for going first and living to tell the tale!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tufargon
Thanks! Going to get one now. I have the exact same cable you mentioned from the exact same seller actually so I should be fine that way.
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Make sure it's verizon. It also comes unlocked. I'll be putting mine up for sale on swappa on Sunday.

Reactions: Tufargon
Got the Asus Zenpad Z8s today and love love love the fact that the stock DJI cord is the exact right length for the MA2. Can't get any more compact. Thumbswayup

Hi there,

So I just wanted to confirm a few months later that the Zenpad Z8s is still working well wtih the M2P? I have a M2P and I thought it only ran with DJI Go 4, not DJI Fly - so does the Z8s handle DJI Go 4 ok?

Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov