DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Atienza, Guadalajara ( Spain ) - A Medieval Village

eutx9795

Reactions

Situated on the slopes of a steep hill, what remains of the once powerful town of Atienza today offers important evidence of its past.

Occupied since ancient times, the hill was fortified by the Muslims, but it was not until the 11th-12th centuries, when the Christian conquest was consolidated, that the castle took its final shape. Its strategic value made the town an essential point for the defence of the border, firstly against the Muslims and, secondly, against the Crown of Aragon.

On the other hand, its location in a point of easy communication between the two plateaus and between Castile and Aragon, favoured one of the most widespread activities among its inhabitants, together with agriculture and livestock, namely transport and muleteering. And it was precisely its muleteers who constituted one of the oldest documented brotherhoods in Castile - its ordinances from the end of the 12th century have been preserved -, playing a leading role in a courageous episode related to the minority of Alfonso VIII that is still commemorated today on Whit Sunday (La Caballada).

In the late Middle Ages
It grew considerably throughout the late Middle Ages, with the existence of a long dozen parishes (many of them, however, very close to each other) being documented, although any figure that is ventured on their population volume is mere speculation without foundation. Hard hit, no doubt, by the crisis of the mid-14th century, its recovery was cut short a century later by an episode of the so-called Wars of the Infants of Aragon, in which a handful of Aragonese - and not Navarrese, as they say - in the service of the Infant Don Juan of Aragon (then King of Navarre), took over the fortress, causing the depopulation and destruction of the town by the troops of Juan II of Castile and Don Alvaro de Luna. A notable privilege of Enrique IV, exempting the Athenians from various taxes, he tried to encourage their repopulation.

With the Catholic Monarchs
However, the arrival of the Catholic Kings made the strategic value of the town disappear definitively, and it was reduced from then on to a semi-urban nucleus with a population that would remain in the future around 2,000 inhabitants - quite a few in the 17th century, of course - and the commercial, artisan and administrative head of a relatively large region, a role that would not be abandoned until the last third of the 20th century, with the generalised depopulation of the rural centre of Spain.

During the War of Succession
Although it did not directly experience warlike episodes during the War of Succession, it did suffer some of its worst consequences: the mortality rate in 1706, coupled with the passing of the armies and the otherwise anecdotal presence of Philip V, was the most important in the entire Modern Age. It recovered its population throughout the 18th century, only to suffer once again the consequences of the War of Independence, when part of its hamlet was set on fire by French troops.

Next to the castle, its superb remains of walls - with the splendid Gothic arch of San Juan -, five Romanesque and two other Renaissance-Baroque churches, a small but significant handful of Gothic buildings and a harmonious urban ensemble in which squares and streets, with various emblazoned houses, articulate and intertwine with serene beauty following or challenging the contours, constitute one of the most beautiful and evocative architectural complexes that can be seen in Castile today. It is the mute, but eloquent reminder of a past that seems to stand still in the hamlet of Atienza.

Great video. I love the explanation of the history of the area.

So now, if you would be so kind, as to provide those of us in awe of your work some of the technical details of your drone, your settings, missing planning steps, any difficulties you had in shooting this, your video editor, settings in the editor, music source, etc. Where were you to be able to maintain VLOS? Multiple launch sites, or one stationary place? And again... where did you find the music? It's majestic, yet modern and perfect for the video.

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
A very powerful video add to the historical comment.
I found your video perfect in lighting, visual effect, dramatization, time for each clips, music and many other cinematographic effects. Your video should be added to that city tourism center.
It was very enjoyable from beginning to end.
Thank you

Reactions: eutx9795
Great video. I love the explanation of the history of the area.

So now, if you would be so kind, as to provide those of us in awe of your work some of the technical details of your drone, your settings, missing planning steps, any difficulties you had in shooting this, your video editor, settings in the editor, music source, etc. Where were you to be able to maintain VLOS? Multiple launch sites, or one stationary place? And again... where did you find the music? It's majestic, yet modern and perfect for the video.

Thanks for so nice comment about the video!!

It was shot using a Mavic 2 Pro with camera settings on manual and ND polarized filters. I was shoting in 3 diffrent days along a year. Each day I shot with a different color profile: DlogM, HLG and Normal, all of them on H265, 4k 29,97fps. Custom camera settings are set to reduce color (-2) and contrast (-1) I use HQ mode or FOV mode, depending on what I want to put inside the shot.

I don´t plan too much when I go to shot. I only search for the beautiful spots of the place I have to record and try to find a place from where achieve it so normally, I use multiple take off places

This town / village, use to be covered by clouds so it's dificult to shot there, especially on foggy days: the sky was too bright and the ground too dark. To try and solve this I used a graduated ND filter, like these ones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CxhxV5GQ7k (I have seen they are no longer available)

For edit, I use Davinci Resolve with normal settings for a 4K 30fps video shot in Rec709 (Normal Profile), Rec2020 (HLG or DlogM? What do you want to know exactly? There're dozens of settings on Davinci Resolve

About music. I use to find it on YouTube. There is no site / web where you can find a lot of spectacular songs. The only option is to listen to a lot of them and find the right for your video.

I hope this helps you. If not, tell me what you want to know specifically

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
A very powerful video add to the historical comment.
I found your video perfect in lighting, visual effect, dramatization, time for each clips, music and many other cinematographic effects. Your video should be added to that city tourism center.
It was very enjoyable from beginning to end.
Thank you
I always try to make the best edit as I can. There are many hours of work on my videos so it's very nice to read comments as yours. Thank you!!

I really like the way you mixed up your clips in the edit with a wide variety of moves and compositions. I think you could add more gimbal tilts and intelligent POI's. The combination turn/elevation change/gimbal tilts (2:22are quite well done.

Always appreciate the history backgrounder. Truly a wonderful locale. Keep them coming.

I really like the way you mixed up your clips in the edit with a wide variety of moves and compositions. I think you could add more gimbal tilts and intelligent POI's. The combination turn/elevation change/gimbal tilts (2:22are quite well done.

Always appreciate the history backgrounder. Truly a wonderful locale. Keep them coming.
I think that as time pass, I'm doing scenes on my videos easier / simpler. You can find on some of my old videos crazy movements of drone and gimbal

Thanks for so nice comment and suggestions!

Fantastic fro start to finish. Lovely smooth flying, great editing and colouring and the music fitted the video perfectly. Thanks very much for sharing

Reactions: eutx9795
Fantastic fro start to finish. Lovely smooth flying, great editing and colouring and the music fitted the video perfectly. Thanks very much for sharing
Sorry, I haven seen your comment until now

Thank you for so nice comment!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929