DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attaching Tello to Mavic Pro

changedmymind

Reactions
Hey All.

First time poster, long time lurker.
I recently bought the Tello and wanted to push the limits on what it can do.
I wanted to try get a nice few of the sunset, however the Tello has a height limit of 10m.
Therefore, I decided to attach the Tello to the underside of the drone and turning off the bottom facing sensors.
(I accidentally forgot to turn it off the first time and it literally flew sideways nearly into a wall)
No doubt the Mavic is a powerful unit for its size.
30624520_2045740418787529_2541997804549570560_o.jpg

I managed to get 30m up to take the following photo,
30571557_2045740395454198_5723924269956595712_o.jpg
It was a pain as the transmission kept dropping in and out.

What have you attached to your mavic?

Reactions: daisy-girl
Only a Trackimo 3g

Attachments

• Trackimo on MPP - Copy.jpg
    Trackimo on MPP - Copy.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hey All.

First time poster, long time lurker.
I recently bought the Tello and wanted to push the limits on what it can do.
I wanted to try get a nice few of the sunset, however the Tello has a height limit of 10m.
Therefore, I decided to attach the Tello to the underside of the drone and turning off the bottom facing sensors.
(I accidentally forgot to turn it off the first time and it literally flew sideways nearly into a wall)
No doubt the Mavic is a powerful unit for its size.

I’ll ask the obvious question: Why attach a toy drone with a crap camera to a good drone with a significantly better camera to take a bad picture instead of taking a better picture with the good camera?

I’ll ask the obvious question: Why attach a toy drone with a crap camera to a good drone with a significantly better camera to take a bad picture instead of taking a better picture with the good camera?
agreed,other than to say ''i did it''..Thumbswayup

Reactions: Tinmania
What do you attach? I have attached 2, er 3 different types of 360 cameras. Put in top but not so good. I finally found a nice 3d printed ' harness' that works very well. Now l can really zoom around with a Samsung Gear 360 underneath. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• 20180317_115220.jpg
    20180317_115220.jpg
    925 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: daisy-girl
I could watch and talk to him it was pretty fun. No antlers found☹️

What do you attach? I have attached 2, er 3 different types of 360 cameras. Put in top but not so good. I finally found a nice 3d printed ' harness' that works very well. Now l can really zoom around with a Samsung Gear 360 underneath. Pretty cool.

Nice! The views must be amazing and really immersive with the camera. I think I might try that considering 360 cameras have come down a lot in price!

On the other hand, many of the Syma drones will reach 30m or higher on their own, while still costing less than a Tello. I'm still waiting for the Tello to hit the $40 mark, because that's all it is worth to me as the toy it is. All the other toy drones in the $80-100 mark are far more capable

i would be interested in replicating this, but to then also drop the tello and then be able to start it up and recover it. Have been planning on doing this with a spark from a mavic or phantom, need to do some testing on how easy (or not) it is to start the aircraft being dropped while in motion.
we are planning on doing something like this for a project we are working on. Thre kids need to drop a parcel (simulated medical kit) onto a target. in the past this has been just using drop pods and parachutes, but Id like to be able to drop a parcel that can be accurately controlled to the target zone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka