DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attack by drones with explosives

whiskeylover

Reactions
A swarm of drones carrying explosives targeted Russian military bases in Syria. Although these weren't your typical quadcopter type drones, and had a range of 30+ miles, it's still enough for the governments around the world to take a look at their existing drone laws.

I'm sure in the years to come the drones will get more powerful, more intelligent, with longer ranges, and our hobby will take a hit as a result.

A swarm of drones carrying explosives targeted Russian military bases in Syria. Although these weren't your typical quadcopter type drones, and had a range of 30+ miles, it's still enough for the governments around the world to take a look at their existing drone laws.

I'm sure in the years to come the drones will get more powerful, more intelligent, with longer ranges, and our hobby will take a hit as a result.
Wow, they are crudely built. I may have to call BS on that propaganda. Packing tap, Styrofoam and a Cox engine; how accurate can it be?

I'm sorry, but when I read of things like this, my first impulse is to feel remorse for victims.

How this effects my hobby is the last thing on my mind.

Wow, that really is crude. I find some of the details hard to believe. Since it has a glow plug it is a nitro powered engine. They don't go all that far on a tank of fuel. Where is the large tank? I also don't see a GPS antenna but since they are flat and small it could have one under that tape.

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 4.21.06 PM✨.png

I'm sorry, but when I read of things like this, my first impulse is to feel remorse for victims.

How this effects my hobby is the last thing on my mind.
I'm sorry but your post comes off as holier than thou. I'd like to point out a few things.

1) I didn't mean to state that my hobby is more important than the lives of the victims in any way. I'm sorry if that's how you felt.
2) I was trying to post an article pertinent to this forum.
3) There were no injuries.

Reactions: Bruhaha
He is mad that you used up one of the new unused threads. He hates that. :D

Wow, that really is crude. I find some of the details hard to believe. Since it has a glow plug it is a nitro powered engine. They don't go all that far on a tank of fuel. Where is the large tank? I also don't see a GPS antenna but since they are flat and small it could have one under that tape.

View attachment 28748

I'm sure that Russians already examined the drones they caught and know all the answers to this.

Reactions: whiskeylover
Would you still have broke the vase if they hadnt said anything?

every story should have a conclusion. there are no shortcuts to critical thinking, only what were told

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S