DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attacked by a bird? 2. Full, with music.

didnt see the bird till right at the end as it flew over must have been a stealth hawk?

• Haha
Reactions: bronze661
We didn’t see any birds, did you? Post the flight log, the video is not helpful.
one flew over at 6-19 just before the end could have been the originals stunt double

looks like it with some questionable over flying of roads and traffic to boot
My thoughts exactly! He better hope the FAA doesn't see his video. Especially since he knew he was having problems and continued to fly over homes and a very busy expressway.
This is why we have so many regulations placed on us for flying drones.

Yes I would have landed at the first sign of trouble. I did see a bird fly beneath the drone in the middle of the video, as well as the one at the end. But he was having trouble way before that.

Reactions: old man mavic
Yes I would have landed at the first sign of trouble. I did see a bird fly beneath the drone in the middle of the video, as well as the one at the end. But he was having trouble way before that.
i guess they both had a birds eye view of the drone

My experience has been luckier... never had the dron hit, but here’s a video where I had 4 separate, and progressively closer buzzes by an eagle... Then just brought the drone home.

After watching the video several times. There are two things I noticed when the drone was unstable. The first instance is when you pass over Walton Ln. With a lot of power transmission lines. The same thing happens again when you reach Lamont Dr. The other item is that at the end of Walton Lane you have a electrical substation. I am not an electrical engineer but you might have gotten some interference from the power lines.
It's just a guess on my part.

So this was a great video of EVERYTHING not to do with your Drone. Sorry but over property, tons of homes and roads. Your entire route if you weren't over someones home you were on a road. The interstate was huge. I don't know what you were flying but a bird would have just brought you down, no playing. If you smashed on the interstate it could have been a disaster. Always remember we are only as good as the next idea gone wrong. your video quality is great but everything else is a lesson in what not to do. I turned down 2 jobs this year one egg drop from a helicopter. Pilot said okay even. Really??? Yesterday my local church wanted me to fly the full parking lot full of cars to make a opening video for the revamped website. No I said I'll do it during the week when no one is there. Its an Air but if it falls, it's a rock. Not going to pay for that hassle. Again we are only as good as the next dumb idea. No harm meant to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada