DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

(Attacks by birds or swarms of insects) Do you find more likely with Alpine white or Gray

Whiteeskimo

Reactions
Good evening all
Now that the fine whether is now with us I have been flying as much as i can
I have the Alpine White Mavic and it seems as if the seagulls are out in full force here in Scarborough
I have only taken her up a dozen or so times and i am still have apprehension that it will just fall out of the sky
or it will get attacked by birds or a swarm of insects
While i was out flying today i noticed a flock of seagulls eyeing my mavic
they came swooping over to my mavic so i quickly brought it closer to wards me
I have also noticed swarms of these little tiny flies that look similar to mosquitoes but are smaller and do not bite
what do you think?
does the Alpine White attract more attacks or does the Standard Grey ?????

I think that I heard some were that seagulls will attack white birds a posse to darker colored birds
But what do you All think?????

Good evening all
Now that the fine whether is now with us I have been flying as much as i can
I have the Alpine White Mavic and it seems as if the seagulls are out in full force here in Scarborough
I have only taken her up a dozen or so times and i am still have apprehension that it will just fall out of the sky
or it will get attacked by birds or a swarm of insects
While i was out flying today i noticed a flock of seagulls eyeing my mavic
they came swooping over to my mavic so i quickly brought it closer to wards me
I have also noticed swarms of these little tiny flies that look similar to mosquitoes but are smaller and do not bite
what do you think?
does the Alpine White attract more attacks or does the Standard Grey ?????

I think that I heard some were that seagulls will attack white birds a posse to darker colored birds
But what do you All think?????
Reflective tape, orange or yellow will do:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
I have only had one instance of a flock of birds acting interested, they didn't get too close though, they did however manage to ruin my 360 pano LOL. This was with my Mavic Pro (Grey), all my other drones they've left alone.
mavicbirds.jpg

I have the MP (Selby North Yorkshire) and find those pesky pigeons are a nuisance at lower height, I tend to take it up above 200 feet or more and they don’t bother it. Below 100 and they swoop and swarm round it in a flock risking a collision. I find that 200 is a good height because it gives me room to manoeuvre, in general if there’s a risk of birds hitting it, I go up higher out of the way, birds don’t generally fly up to attack and the MP climbs faster than it descends. Of course other countries have high flying geese and eagles. The cliffs at Scarborough are full of Seagulls and it’s nesting time, so they will be a bit jittery. I was on the cliff tops at Bempton last week and wasn’t troubled by them, but I did stay away from the nesting area.

Reflective tape, orange or yellow will do:cool:
Thanks very much for your advice slim Slamma
I went out and purchase some yellow and red reflective tape and put it on my bird I hope I'm able to upload these photographs
Thanks again man really appreciate it hope it works
The weather is a little windy for what I like and off-and-on rain here in Toronto so I have to put off flying for a few days

Attachments

• 20180510_175148.jpg
    20180510_175148.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
  • 20180510_175107.jpg
    20180510_175107.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 20180510_175039.jpg
    20180510_175039.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 52
  • 20180510_174956.jpg
    20180510_174956.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: Slim.slamma
Thanks very much for your advice slim Slamma
I went out and purchase some yellow and red reflective tape and put it on my bird I hope I'm able to upload these photographs
Thanks again man really appreciate it hope it works
The weather is a little windy for what I like and off-and-on rain here in Toronto so I have to put off flying for a few days
You did an excellent job, hopefully you catch a break from the birds.
Fly safely.

Reactions: dirkclod
Good job on the tape. It will help to locate it both in the sky and in the bushes. It is sure to confuse a bird and the bugs shouldn't be a concern (beekeepers wear white). I had a couple crows buzz my craft and I found that a quick upward movement seemed to work on them. Birds do not normally attack from below.

Reactions: Whiteeskimo
I have the MP (Selby North Yorkshire) and find those pesky pigeons are a nuisance at lower height, I tend to take it up above 200 feet or more and they don’t bother it. Below 100 and they swoop and swarm round it in a flock risking a collision. I find that 200 is a good height because it gives me room to manoeuvre, in general if there’s a risk of birds hitting it, I go up higher out of the way, birds don’t generally fly up to attack and the MP climbs faster than it descends. Of course other countries have high flying geese and eagles. The cliffs at Scarborough are full of Seagulls and it’s nesting time, so they will be a bit jittery. I was on the cliff tops at Bempton last week and wasn’t troubled by them, but I did stay away from the nesting area.
Thanks for the advice Choo Choo
You are very brave I am just starting out and the highest I've gotten is a hundred feet I'm taking it slowly and trying to learn as much as I can
Thank you very much for the advice if I get a flock of birds coming close I'll just shoot straight up very fast good advice thank you

I've had no birds take interest in my MPP with this skin on. Seems to really put them off.

Reactions: Aspect
...I went out and purchase some yellow and red reflective tape and put it on my bird...
Since you have both yellow and red reflective tape, you might consider having red on all the surfaces facing forward and yellow on the surfaces facing backward. That way, if the front LED's are off (because of recording or your preference) you can visually tell which way it is facing by the color.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent