DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you seen similar problems on your MM video? (only respond if you have a mavic mini)

• Total voters
Hello - First time poster and first time DJI drone owner in the US on the FCC version.

I wanted to let you guys know that I reported this same issue to DJI on 11/22 and received a similar "weaksauce" response on 11/29 but with an important additional sentence: "We will release new firmware to fix this issue finally."

Here is the email response I received from DJI on 11/29:

Nov 29, 2019, 7:28 PM (6 days ago)

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

This is to inform you that we have already received a resolution from our Engineers in regards to the issue you are having with your Mavic Mini. As per their response, because the default resolution of 2.7k is 2720 x 1536, but the video resolution of 2.7k is 2720 x 1530, so there will be a difference of 6 pixels at the bottom resulting to have a noticeable horizontal line of distortion at the bottom edge of the video.

To resolve the issue, please use a professional player (such as Potplayer) to play the video. If the player you used has hardware decoding and software decoding, if you choose hardware decoding, this phenomenon will occur, kindly use software decoding instead. This matter will be resolved when editing videos with editing software.

We will release new firmware to fix this issue finally.

I hope this information helps and your patience is highly appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI products and have a good day.

Best Regards,

Jess
DJI Technical Support
That’s very good news!!

That’s very good news!!

This is not "good" news! This is a problem that should not exist at all! It is unacceptable, and i had exact the same response as many (if not all) here had. I also asked WHY this occurs to some (most of us obviously) of us and not others, and i did not got a proper answer the last time, except the answer that is written above. The first time another guy told me that it will be "solved" in firmware release in January, and this time instead of answer to my question this SUPPORT12.DJI-guy copy and paste this unacceptable answer. Except that this is an unacceptable problem which makes me want my money back, i also doubt we will see a solution to this.

This is not a bug that one can just skip until it gets "solved" in January! I have seen this problem on about 2 channels on YT until now as well. Dustin and quad Idaho. However, reviewers who got it pre-sent to them don't seem to have this issue/OR edited it out. Idaho responded to me regarding having received the same disrespectful answer, however he did NOT mention it until i left a comment on his video which kind of surprise me since this is the most important problem that needs to be solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: F22arecool
This is not "good" news! This is a problem that should not exist at all! It is unacceptable, and i had exact the same response as many (if not all) here had. I also asked WHY this occurs to some (most of us obviously) of us and not others, and i did not got a proper answer the last time, except the answer that is written above. The first time another guy told me that it will be "solved" in firmware release in January, and this time instead of answer to my question this SUPPORT12.DJI-guy copy and paste this unacceptable answer. Except that this is an unacceptable problem which makes me want my money back, i also doubt we will see a solution to this.

This is not a bug that one can just skip until it gets "solved" in January! I have seen this problem on about 2 channels on YT until now as well. Dustin and quad Idaho. All the reviewers who got it pre-sent to them don't seem to have this issue. Idaho responded to me regarding having received the same disrespectful answer, however he did NOT mention it until i left a comment on his video which kind of surprise me since this is the most important problem that needs to be solved.
I am probably going to take back my Mini to best buy before the last day to return because of the extended holiday policy. I was thinking of just waiting till the Evo 2 comes out and see how this effects pricing of the Evo 1 and other Mavic's. I really like that Autel does not have geofencing and more bang for your buck.

This is not a bug that one can just skip until it gets "solved" in January! I have seen this problem on about 2 channels on YT until now as well. Dustin and quad Idaho. All the reviewers who got it pre-sent to them don't seem to have this issue. Idaho responded to me regarding having received the same disrespectful answer, however he did NOT mention it until i left a comment on his video which kind of surprise me since this is the most important problem that needs to be solved.
These YouTube early reviewers cannot be trusted to give honest feedback, they are afraid they’ll be bumped from any future freebie DJI list. Some of them are now starting to jump on the bandwagon and acknowledging flight issues finally.

Seems a bit over the top. The dodgy part can be removed in seconds whilst we wait for a fix. Bugs occur in all products and this is hardly a huge problem.

Seems a bit over the top. The dodgy part can be removed in seconds whilst we wait for a fix. Bugs occur in all products and this is hardly a huge problem.

Well, i am not a professional video editor/having a specific program that can edit this out. Well, I guess i can crop it for example or something, but this is not something the one should do. As i wrote, this is NOT a bug for a specific function that needs another alternative way/extra SECONDS to fix.

Last edited:
These YouTube early reviewers cannot be trusted to give honest feedback, they are afraid they’ll be bumped from any future freebie DJI list. Some of them are now starting to jump on the bandwagon and acknowledging flight issues finally.

Note that "Dustin Dunnill" and "Idaho Quadcopter" are not of the reviewers who got it pre-sent for free at 30 October. I don't know if reviewers (like Billy, iPhonedo) who got it before official release did some cropping/editing though. Might be so.

I am probably going to take back my Mini to best buy before the last day to return because of the extended holiday policy. I was thinking of just waiting till the Evo 2 comes out and see how this effects pricing of the Evo 1 and other Mavic's. I really like that Autel does not have geofencing and more bang for your buck.
Ok. Well Dji/retailer should at least compensate us until eventually the new firmware in January. I myself cant just return it and get one other instant than a whole month at the retailer (here in Hellas). Al though, to change it is not a better idea.

Well, i am not an professional video editor/having a specific program that can edit this out. Well, I guess i can crop it for example or something, but this is not something the one should do. As i wrote, this is NOT a bug for a specific function that needs another alternative way/extra SECONDS to fix.
there is no need of cropping. a simple re-rendering in the davinci resolve removes those extra lines. if you intend to apply the extra audio - you would need to re-render anyway. i am surprised that youtube re-rendering does not do the same, i actually suspect it should be, but, i am not using youtube for that. of all other things on MM this is one of the least important ones, and, i am sure they will fix it.

Reactions: Gebo
there is no need of cropping. a simple re-rendering in the davinci resolve removes those extra lines. if you intend to apply the extra audio - you would need to re-render anyway. i am surprised that youtube re-rendering does not do the same, i actually suspect it should be, but, i am not using youtube for that. of all other things on MM this is one of the least important ones, and, i am sure they will fix it.

One should not have to use a program, and a "specific one"!, to remove these lines. Also, i downloaded it (free version), i thought about it for a while to try it not because of this problem with mini, and installed it on OS Win 7 without a specific add-on or whatever cause the OS warned me not to install it. Nevertheless, i cannot open Davinci Resolve at all on my laptop - must be because i use Win 7. If there is an editor software for smartphones alternatively then do tell. This IS the most disturbing bug with mini, and so far compared with any previous devices i have/had. Note that the resolution from my mini is 2720x1530! Other have 1536 it seems. 2.7K is 2704x1520.

This is not comparable to a bug as for example not being able to take off by pressing the round button on the app/phone for 3 seconds, however alternatively being able to take off by pressing the stick on the controller upwards instead. Neither is it comparable to make the drone "more stabilized" as one point of the latest update was all about. That "bug" for example (which i was not even AWARE/existed (?) off) should not even been prioritized :/ .

UPDATE as of 15 Dec: I have uploaded a video again on YT to send to Dji's support cause they asked for it. Note that YT does not have 2.7K option in the res. settings. After 1080p it is 1920x1440 and after that it is 4K res. When uploading a 2.7K video it sticks to the lower res. so it becomes 1440p. Now i had another video uploaded as well some week ago, and i am pretty sure that the first times, after the upload, i saw the pixelation thing at the bottom. Today as i watch both videos the pixelation problem is not there, but this is because it is not showing 2.7K on YT. So the vids on YT with mini for example is either 1920x1440p or 4K.

Last edited:
Well, i am not a professional video editor/having a specific program that can edit this out. Well, I guess i can crop it for example or something, but this is not something the one should do. As i wrote, this is NOT a bug for a specific function that needs another alternative way/extra SECONDS to fix.
mmfpeg and one line of command line which you just swap in your file name. its 20 seconds work till they bring out a fix

It has been reported that mavic mini has 6 extra pixel ... It's there for all mavic mini ...
Hello,
I just bought a mavic mini and there seems to be a problem with the video in 2.7k mode. There is a few pixels that are "stretched" on the bottom border and it is distracting on an otherwise good image. Thank youView attachment 85601

Edit for more visability of this comment:
If anybody reads this and if they voted that their footage is normal, can you please check the file data and see what resolution the 2.7k video is. The normal resolution should be 2704 x 1520 and this is standard 2.7k resolution found in other cameras. The data that other members who did have a problem indicates the video is being shot at 2720 x 1536. Both of theses resolutions are wonky and this may be where the problems lie.

What is "mmfpeg and one line of command line"? Program-s or functions in a specific program?
mmfpeg is the program (free and tiny) and earlier in this thread someone posted the command for cutting the 6 lines out

It's not mmfpeg , it's FFmpeg. ;)
See post #229, it's all about modifying metadata, no cropping, re-encoding or any quality loss involved...

It's not mmfpeg , it's FFmpeg. ;)
See post #229, it's all about modifying metadata, no cropping, re-encoding or any quality loss involved...

First of all: Which file do i download to find an .exe file. The site seem like a total mess, i download 2-3 files, neither had any install file etc. Generally if you please could explain all - how it works etc as well.

Oh goodie, someone that needs an install file.
ffmpeg is about the most powerful tool available for video conversion. It can do a lot but it is a command line tool.

WinFF is a front end for this tool and it can be easier for those that need a gui. Google and download the package.
You could either add a preset or edit one of the ones that are already there.

Preset Name : Mavicfix
Preset Label : Mini
Preset Command Line : -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6
Output File extension : MP4
Category: AAA

That should get you going.
Drag and drop.
Tell it where you want to output the files.
Warnings: It only copes with about 50 files at a time in the batch file.

Attachments

• Winff.jpg
    Winff.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Oh goodie, someone that needs an install file.
ffmpeg is about the most powerful tool available for video conversion. It can do a lot but it is a command line tool.

WinFF is a front end for this tool and it can be easier for those that need a gui. Google and download the package.
You could either add a preset or edit one of the ones that are already there.

Preset Name : Mavicfix
Preset Label : Mini
Preset Command Line : -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6
Output File extension : MP4
Category: AAA

That should get you going.
Drag and drop.
Tell it where you want to output the files.
Warnings: It only copes with about 50 files at a time in the batch file.

I downloaded WinFF, but what output should be choose here? Does not seem to have the option for 2.7K, meaning 2704x1520. For now my question is with ffmpeg/cmd. I came to the step to paste the command and crop a video file of mini. I past this command: ffmpeg -y -i ORIGINAL-CLIP.MP4 -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6 CROPPED-CLIP.MP4 . Although i get no file in the directory. What have i missed? I tried in every directory in the ""ffmpeg" folder i created as well. Also you name one command and Skyscope another, little confused here mate.

"

Last edited:
You can get around the issue using a PC. But what about instant mobile share? I bought it mostly for that purpose. Quick shares on social media.

The most embarrassing thing is that not even DJIs own mobile video editor can handle it correctly. It's a shame!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580