DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you seen similar problems on your MM video? (only respond if you have a mavic mini)

• Total voters
Ok I will do that. But the card I am using should be quick enough. The mavic mini has a max video rate of 6 megabytes per second as compared to the Pro 2's 12.5 per second. A class 10 is rated to 10 megabytes per second which should exceed the requirement by a lot. But I will do a test to see with both, a new faster card and the original one, and see if the video quality suffers between the two.
You will occasionally come unstuck assuming what should be is- I know I do.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Just looked at a video I took and I am getting the same issue along the bottom of the video (distortion). Using a card that I have used with my Zoom (no issue in videos from the Zoom). It's a Samsung Evo 128gb Select with the 3 rating.

Reactions: F22arecool
Just looked at a video I took and I am getting the same issue along the bottom of the video (distortion). Using a card that I have used with my Zoom (no issue in videos from the Zoom). It's a Samsung Evo 128gb Select with the 3 rating.
Maybe they have a manufacturing defect in how the lenses are aligned. That really sucks man...

I have the same problem along the bottom of the video (distortion), but with me I only have it with 2.7k recordings and not with 1080. I use the recommended SanDisk extreme 64gb V30 3 A2 card. It is a new card that I have only used for the MM. Either the card is defective or it is not fast enough for 2.7K. I am trying to exchange the card for a faster one. See if the problem is solved then.

I have the same problem along the bottom of the video (distortion), but with me I only have it with 2.7k recordings and not with 1080. I use the recommended SanDisk extreme 64gb V30 3 A2 card. It is a new card that I have only used for the MM. Either the card is defective or it is not fast enough for 2.7K. I am trying to exchange the card for a faster one. See if the problem is solved then.
I'm thinking it maybe a software issue because a previous poster has a U3 card and had a similar result. Someone said it could be with how the video is cropped from the sensor so maybe it can be fixed with a future firmware update. But I don't actually know so please report back with a different card and if anything changed.

Last edited:
the card is also used for recording flight data,which takes priority over pic recording,if card is not fast enough then vids suffer
That might be true. Would make it different to other Mavics- flight data is not recorded to user removable SD card. Are you able to confirm?

The distortion at the bottom of the image with a 2.7 k video could perhaps also be caused by the video being played on a PC screen with a lower resolution. In my case the video is played on a 1080 hd screen. To be able to play this 2.7 video you need to downgrade which takes a lot of processor power. More information can be found in this article: What happens if you play a 4K video on a 1080p screen? - Quora
What is your opinion about this?
I also put the problem to DJI and to the supplier of the microSD card. I'll let you know!

Last edited:
I actually used an SD card that was used in my M2Z that had 4K videos on it from the M2Z. When I looked at the 2.7K video from the Mini I saw the distortion, so I looked at a video from the card recorded on the M2Z at 4K and no banding or distortion. Both videos were viewed on my 1080P monitor. Maybe F22arecool is correct that it could be a cropping issue.

In the meantime I have received a message from DJI support and they will see what is going on based on my video. I also watched some MM 2.7 footage videos on youtube and in some videos the same disturbance was visible at the bottom of the image. A little less clear than in my own recording, but that is probably due to the down grade to 1080 by youtube. It seems to me a shift of the image upwards. In my video edit program I can move the video image down a little. The horizontal line with noise is then completely gone and the video image is then correct, so .... ?? The answer from DJI support I will report.

I am also seeing this issue with pixel folding/smearing at the bottom on 2.7K video.

Using a Samsung SDXC Evo Plus which works fine with 4K video in my M2P so write speed shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
That might be true. Would make it different to other Mavics- flight data is not recorded to user removable SD card. Are you able to confirm?
There is a LOG folder on the card with flight control, camera, and Linux data. Not plain text human readable. A 3 battery session can take up 1/3GB. Not sure if it is cumulative.

I have just done some more tests on this and it's also present on 1080 coverage and at all framerates, so definitely looking more like a sensor or codec issue than a memory card one.

(Using Windows 10 to display things here)

have had all the mavs,all are very dependent on sd cards speed & integrity for flight data.If card is not good enough you will get random glitches.It may not record to it but will be used for flight cache

have had all the mavs,all are very dependent on sd cards speed & integrity for flight data.If card is not good enough you will get random glitches.It may not record to it but will be used for flight cache
I am really sceptical- I only have M2 however from what others have reported it would seem the flight data is recorded to an internal SD car/memory (as it is in the phantoms). Interesting.

P3 logged boot sequence to SD but not continually during flight. SD was also used for firmware update.
Not seen any logging on M2.
MM is only one I found anywhere near to continuous flight logging.

P3 logged boot sequence to SD but not continually during flight. SD was also used for firmware update.
Not seen any logging on M2.
MM is only one I found anywhere near to continuous flight logging.
Thank you for the confirmation.

While your observations on boot sequence and firmware update aren’t relevant to the question what does seem to be apparent is any flight related logging is stored internally- not on the user removable storage.

@ssvdh66 - please satisfy out curiosity with clarity. Of all the Mavics you have had which ones wrote flight logs to the removable micro SD card?

My last post was for ssvdh66's claim.
P3 had some system logging to SD, M2 does not. MM seems to.
Sorry- I was only suggesting initialisation and firmware flash logs not relevant to the extent the data writing would seem unlikely to compromise the satisfactory writing of video.

I'm thinking that this issue lies in the software of the MM. It should be an easy fix as all DJI has to do is have the video be taken from a different area of the sensor. But if it is a hardware issue (lens alignment) then I would think it would be more apparent in pictures because it would use more pixels than the 2.7k video. What do you guys think?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair