DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you seen similar problems on your MM video? (only respond if you have a mavic mini)

• Total voters

F22arecool

Reactions
Hello,
I just bought a mavic mini and there seems to be a problem with the video in 2.7k mode. There is a few pixels that are "stretched" on the bottom border and it is distracting on an otherwise good image. Thank youScreenshot (2).png

Edit for more visability of this comment:
If anybody reads this and if they voted that their footage is normal, can you please check the file data and see what resolution the 2.7k video is. The normal resolution should be 2704 x 1520 and this is standard 2.7k resolution found in other cameras. The data that other members who did have a problem indicates the video is being shot at 2720 x 1536. Both of theses resolutions are wonky and this may be where the problems lie.

Last edited:
Reactions: fRog2
Is there anything I can do other than send it in for servicing? I bought it from Best Buy

It is on the lower border, if you zoom into the bottom of the picture there is a small bar with a stretched section. It is small but is noticable on a video. I took a screenshot of the video.

Last edited:
It is on the lower border like I said in the original post, if you zoom into the bottom of the picture there is a small bar with a stretched section. It is small but is noticable on a video. I took a screenshot of the video.
Is it there all through the video at full resolution?
Do still shots show it too?

Reactions: F22arecool
Is it there all through the video at full resolution?
Do still shots show it too?
It only appears on video and it is always present throughout the whole video. My still photos show nothing so it's maybe a problem with the firmware and how the drone handles video decoding but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this.

It only appears on video and it is always present throughout the whole video. My still photos show nothing so it's maybe a problem with the firmware and how the drone handles video decoding but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this.
Upload a short video sample to Dropbox or similar and post a link so others can look into this.

I am using a 64gb Sandisk Ultra Plus class 10. It should be fast enough. And I will upload a video clip soon.
Be aware that no one can directly upload a video here.... but here’s how ... Upload it somewhere like YouTube, ets, the obtain a share link and post as text.

I am using a 64gb Sandisk Ultra Plus class 10. It should be fast enough. And I will upload a video clip soon.
It should be a lot of things. I have had two Sandisk higher end card failures. One created lines in the image (not dissimilar to yours) that looked like they belonged in another part of the image and the other got so hot it melted itself into the card slot. Both were purchased from the same supplier (a larger reputable seller) although I am suspicious they were counterfeits that found their way into the supply chain. I had them replaced with another brand.

If possible try another card and another reader. If the issue is persistent swap the mini for a new one. Don’t let them con you it needs to be sent for repair. It’s DOA if faulty.

If possible try another card and another reader. If the issue is persistent swap the mini for a new one. Don’t let them con you it needs to be sent for repair. It’s DOA if faulty.
Because I bought it through Best Buy, do I go through them or do I directly contact DJI?

In this link you can see the distortion in the grass much better. I am not quite sure why the first video has no distortion but the second one does.

Where this from, cache or micro SD ?
I'm looking at the overall crappy quality all over the screen.
You can get those effects at times, flying in bright light, flying too fast, yawing too fast, moving gimbal too fast being close to what your filming.
All of these apply to that example clip.

I was looking at that fuzzy line on the bottom of you original pic previously, not sure if this is the (only) issue you have as I can see that in full screen video too, just it doesn't bother me as much as the entire video appearance.

If you take it back yes you'd do so at Best Buy.
Exchange or refund.
Exchange you might end up with a better aircraft, or if it's more flying techniques you will have to adjust the way you're flying / filming.

In this link you can see the distortion in the grass much better. I am not quite sure why the first video has no distortion but the second one does. I'm sorry the upload quality is so poor.
Sorry .. too much movement to tell if there's an issue or not.
How about a short test video in the back yard, no need to fly at all.

Where this from, cache or micro SD ?
I'm looking at the overall crappy quality all over the screen.
You can get those effects at times, flying in bright light, flying too fast, yawing too fast, moving gimbal too fast being close to what your filming.
All of these apply to that example clip.

I was looking at that fuzzy line on the bottom of you original pic previously, not sure if this is the (only) issue you have as I can see that in full screen video too, just it doesn't bother me as much as the entire video appearance.

If you take it back yes you'd do so at Best Buy.
Exchange or refund.
Exchange you might end up with a better aircraft, or if it's more flying techniques you will have to adjust the way you're flying / filming.
This is a Youtube link that shows the detail of the video and has better clarity with a lot less artifacts. The resolution is still downgraded but it illustrates the bottom line problem a little bit better than the dropbox videos. If you pause the video a couple of times, you'll notice the bottom border doesn't align with the grass right above, and with movement looks disjoint with the rest of the picture, but make sure to watch it in 1080p in full screen. It is a small detail but I am just wondering what is going on and if this was normal. I thank you all for helping me and giving me this information and the time.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu