DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atti Mode & Battery Communication Error

Anno

Reactions
Hi all.
I am also a newbie to this forum but this seemed like the best area to post this thread. I have looked for similar incidents but with no avail.
I was recently flying my MM in a semi-underground cave in Mexico. All was going fine despite no GPS, when the drone suddenly went into Atti mode and started climbing against my controls. It hit the rocks on the ceiling twice before falling momentarily into the water and then 'jumping' out onto the platform where I was standing.
There didn't appear to be any water inside the drone but I have dried it out and not used it for several days just in case.
When I try to connect the drone now though I get 'Battery Communication Error' on the screen with all of my new batteries, meaning the drone is currently unable to fly.
Has anyone else experienced this issue, and is it likely to be a return to DJI? I still have a few more weeks here in Mexico so it would be amazing to rectify the issue while I am here.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, and if there is anything else I can provide to shed light on it just let me know. ?

The event you described could have had various different causes. Without the flight log it's impossible to determine what happened.
Thanks Thomas. Is there a simple way to provide the flight log for analysis?

Thanks Thomas. Is there a simple way to provide the flight log for analysis?

Reactions: Anno
Let's try again....

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-04-24_[10-49-11].txt
    76.4 KB · Views: 4
That log shows you flying without GPS positioning support (navHealth=0) instead only relying on the VPS sensors at the bottom to keep you stable. 2 times either the light or the ground lock was to weak so the AC went into ATTI mode ... Furthermore the flight was very low, between 0,5-1,8m, meaning if flying over water the VPS sensors could easily be tricked due to reflections & change height uncommanded. This is probably what happened to you here, sensors was tricked due to flying so low over water & also you using C-mode made the stick inputs sluggish & slow in response.

This flight was overly risky both considering flying over water & also in a cave with limited light to support a functioning VPS sensor reading ... that your AC fell to ATTI mode wasn't a surprise.

Then ... electronics + water = huge problems. This will not be a easy quick fix unfortunately.

Reactions: Anno
I don't think that was the right log file - that was a flight on February 25 on Mallorca.
That log shows you flying without GPS positioning support (navHealth=0) instead only relying on the VPS sensors at the bottom to keep you stable. 2 times either the light or the ground lock was to weak so the AC went into ATTI mode ... Furthermore the flight was very low, between 0,5-1,8m, meaning if flying over water the VPS sensors could easily be tricked due to reflections & change height uncommanded. This is probably what happened to you here, sensors was tricked due to flying so low over water & also you using C-mode made the stick inputs sluggish & slow in response.

This flight was overly risky both considering flying over water & also in a cave with limited light to support a functioning VPS sensor reading ... that your AC fell to ATTI mode wasn't a surprise.

Then ... electronics + water = huge problems. This will not be a easy quick fix unfortunately.

Yes thanks Slup that's pretty much what happened although it was an open cave so very light. Of course I had it set to C so that would explain the slow reaction, although I was still surprised that it continued to climb with stuck fully down.
I guess I will just have to go without it for the remainder of my trip and send it back with DJI care. ?
Thank you for taking the time.

What is the lowest level in meters over water you can fly say if its open?

I think iv seen on the manual like 5 meter height with 2m/s speeds and 10 meter height at 1m/s speeds is ok? Im not sure. Maybe it was another manual i read last time. Please confirm.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS