DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atti mode while strong GPS signal

RCFlyer

Reactions
On latest firmware level, my mini 2 goes into atti mode (upper left on my tablet and voice message), message indicates weak GPS signal, yet when pressing the GPS icon in upper right, it indicates strong GPS signal and 24 satellites. Is this a problem with the latest firmware? Is it really in atti mode or am I flying with GPS? How do I know?

Reactions: Hawkeye01
I have read enough reports that this is looking to be a firmware problem.
Fly with caution and an awareness is the best you can do for now.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

On latest firmware level, my mini 2 goes into atti mode (upper left on my tablet and voice message), message indicates weak GPS signal, yet when pressing the GPS icon in upper right, it indicates strong GPS signal and 24 satellites. Is this a problem with the latest firmware? Is it really in atti mode or am I flying with GPS? How do I know?
The same thing happened to me. And every time I switched flight mode (C to N to S) I heard "atti mode". I landed, turned everything off, restarted and flew again, this time no problem.

Many people have reported buggy firmware/app lately that would announce atti mode but it being a false warning, the aircraft didn't actually go into atti mode.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yes, me also..... DJI Mods are ignoring my post on the DJI forum!

Fly version 1.2.2 seems to be giving a false ATTI report. Can't remember if thats only for iOS or also for Android.

If the AC is keeping stable position, especially when there is any wind, it certainly isn't in ATTI.

You guys are not alone. I posted this same thing several days ago. It happened just after I had upgraded the firmware. I was advised to calibrate the IMU, check for firmware/app updates. Interestingly, there was new-new firmware the next day, two days after the initial firmware upgrade. They must be aware of some things.

I've had some dialog about it with DJI support but haven't been able to fly outside since checking for the last update.
Is your firmware and app up to date?

Reactions: DougMcC
All up to date with iOS and FW, DJI told me to return the drone for analysis (which I’m not going to do as I firmly believe it’s App and/or FW). Drone flys perfectly, some times I get the warnings mid flight, sometimes just when acquiring sats at start up, sometimes no issues at all. Drone flys rock solid, holds position perfectly when well above bottom sensor range, RTH is not impaired. I’m not getting this issue with my partners Android phone, this all started when I updated the 1.2.2 iOS App.

I’ve posted multiple times on DJI forum, and true to form DJI moderators are a waste of space and not even picked the thread up!

The same thing happened to me. And every time I switched flight mode (C to N to S) I heard "atti mode". I landed, turned everything off, restarted and flew again, this time no problem.
A little more information: The first time I flew after the latest firmware upgrade, no "atti". It seemed to drift so I landed and did an IMU calibration. It was after that I got the atti mode notification.

Hi, as Im quite new to DJI and have an excellent Mini 2 comming from another brand I wanna know what you mean with "goes into atti mode" and what is ATTI?

Hi, as Im quite new to DJI and have an excellent Mini 2 comming from another brand I wanna know what you mean with "goes into atti mode" and what is ATTI?
The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Downward Vision System is
unavailable or disabled and when the GPS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference.
When the Downward Vision System is unavailable, the aircraft cannot position itself or brake
automatically, which increases the risk of potential flight hazards. In ATTI mode, the aircraft may be more
easily affected by its surroundings. Environmental factors such as wind can result in horizontal shifting,
which may present hazards, especially when flying in confined spaces.

Reactions: Janset and TDZHDTV
Just to be clear the Atti Mode warnings being discussed in this instance are are absolutely not the aircraft entering true Atti Mode, aircraft is flying normally
But just to be sure, watch the AC behavior (you ARE flying VLOS, right? [emoji6]). If it is steadily drifting with the wind and won't go into RTH, then you ARE in ATTI.

Reactions: Alky1229
But just to be sure, watch the AC behavior (you ARE flying VLOS, right? [emoji6]). If it is steadily drifting with the wind and won't go into RTH, then you ARE in ATTI.
Yes I’m VLOS, no drift, no braking issues, RTH within 3ft, full control of AC, no misbehaving at all. If it wasn’t for the controller advising Atti I’d be perfectly happy with each flight.

On a related issue—on the Mavic series, particularly the MA2 and MM2, does RTH still work if the drone goes into ATTI, assuming the Home point was recorded? It does on the Phantom 4 Pro. Not having an ATTI switch on the MA2 I have no way of trying it (yes, I’ve heard about the foil trick, but I’m not crazy).

No.

If the drone goes into ATTI on its own that's becasue it's unable to find its bearings and turns off all navigation systems, that of course includes the ability to RTH.

On the P4P with the switch you're deciding yourself to set it in ATTI even if the nav systems work, completely different situation. Since nav is available it'll use it in case of loss of signal.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobW01
Same issue here since updating to latest firmware (iOS). Rock solid always before that and now almost always reports atti mode after startup - this needs to be addressed!

Reactions: colorado kid
Same issue here since updating to latest firmware (iOS). Rock solid always before that and now almost always reports atti mode after startup - this needs to be addressed!
Can you make some noise of the formal DJI forum, I’ve posted twice and the moderators have not picked it up! The cynical part of me thinks there not addressing because they haven’t got a fix yet

No.

If the drone goes into ATTI on its own that's becasue it's unable to find its bearings and turns off all navigation systems, that of course includes the ability to RTH.

On the P4P with the switch you're deciding yourself to set it in ATTI even if the nav systems work, completely different situation. Since nav is available it'll use it in case of loss of signal.
Which leads to another question: If a Mavic goes into ATTI mode because it loses GPS information, will it ignore NFZs? '

Just to be clear the Atti Mode warnings being discussed in this instance are are absolutely not the aircraft entering true Atti Mode, aircraft is flying normally
The problem isn't whether or not the Mini's actually enter Atti mode, but not knowing when to trust that it isn't in Atti mode when it actually isn't. As an example, today I was practicing indoors and got that 'Atti mode' voice notifcation. It was fine and under control... until it wasn't and then it was like driving on ice without brakes. When it goes into real Atti mode even in Cine in a confined space the sticks are far too sensitive. In another thread I brought that up that the Cine mode should be more like the M2's tripod mode for finer control and some doofus said "you need more training". That's fine when you still have positioning but when you actually have to fly the damned thing without any positioning the sticks are far too sensitive just off of center position. And with the delay in drone response for both action and correction it makes for real issues. I use prop guards indoors with my Mini 2 now because I know there will be times when it will be more difficult to control.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest