DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atti mode

moparherb

Reactions
Flew my mini 2 for the third time today and it was cloudy but right after take off the software said it was going into “Atti mode”. It quickly returned to normal flight. Twice during that 15 minute flight I got that same message again. I had 85 some percent battery left and 19 gps satellites. The only thing that could have caused this was that the temperature was very close to the freezing point. i only had the one flight because my fingers were freezing. Any ideas or should I just ignore the warnings until it warms up a bit. In Central New York that may be April. The mini 2 finished the flight as normal and landed great. Any ideas appreciated.

There was an entire discussion about this a few days ago. I would suggest checking for updated firmware and the Fly app, then recalibrate everything (IMU, compass, etc). If your controller has sufficient satellites it's probably an errant warning. However, until you get it figured out, keep in in absolute line of sight and close enough that you can physically recover it in case of a needed emergency landing. You should be able to tell if it is really in Atti mode because control will seem like like driving your car on sheet ice with bald tires.

Also, for the moment, I would recommend programming your Fn key to "recenter gimbal" so that you can point the camera straight down in the case of an emergency landing to be able see where you're actually going to land should you have to bring it down in an emergency. I've got one of the functions (on both my drones) set that way as I like to see what's underneath.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
There's no need to recalibrate anything after updating
Sorry... But I still had issues after updating and I think recalibrating helped.

Sorry... But I still had issues after updating and I think recalibrating helped.
Updates don't change anything that would require recalibrating anything to fix.
Updating the compass, IMU etc shouldn't have any effect on firmware/software issues.
You are talking about unrelated systems.

Last edited:
Brought my Mini 2 home yesterday and did a compass and IMU calibration which completed successfully. Went back to my flying field today and flew without and “Atti Mode” notification. Went further today then I have ever been with this drone. Feels real good.

Abput your freezing fingers ... I did last few flights from the livingroom ;) (however, have luck as house is positioned next to the field ;) )

This is a believed to be a bug of the firmware / APP. It has no effect on the operation of the craft though.

If flying in populated areas with high buildings and other obstacles it is likely that GPS will not work properly due to the signals bouncing around. I don't say this is the reason but could well be.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato