DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attn Night Flyers: Cool Light Attachment

FlyGuy8675309

Reactions
Saw these on ebay for $25 and thought "What the heck?". The attachment clips on to the rear accessory shoe and becomes rear landing gear. The front guys just pop on like similar landing gear extenders (although they don't grip quite as tight.).

Pop in a AAA, give it a twist, and put in in the clip (x2 :) ) The results are amazing. When the Mavic is flying towards you it looks like plane with it's landing lights on. It's kind of eerie as it looks like every UFO you've seen in the movies.

I put red and green gels in them tonight. Combined with my Strobon set it looks like a real plane if you do a smooth cruise-by at 350'.

I've been using cheap alkaline AAA's and get about 2 batteries worth of super bright light. It will stay effective for another 2 batteries but won't be as bright. After that, they get put in the pile for the remote. :) Probably going to get some rechargeables at this point as I love using them.

Anyway, check them out if you like night flying.
|
image.jpg

Those are cool. I'm going to try these lights I have on my sons bike. Baseball it's wire that lights up. Really thin, spaghetti noodle size. Bright too! If you've ever seen Americas got talent, when the people are dancing or doing their act while being lit up... It's that lighting.. Lol. Hard to explain, so I attached a picture. I think it will look pretty cool.

Attachments

• 20170901_044304.jpg
    20170901_044304.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20170901-044903.jpg
    Screenshot_20170901-044903.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 78
Saw these on ebay for $25 and thought "What the heck?". The attachment clips on to the rear accessory shoe and becomes rear landing gear. The front guys just pop on like similar landing gear extenders (although they don't grip quite as tight.).

Pop in a AAA, give it a twist, and put in in the clip (x2 :) ) The results are amazing. When the Mavic is flying towards you it looks like plane with it's landing lights on. It's kind of eerie as it looks like every UFO you've seen in the movies.

I put red and green gels in them tonight. Combined with my Strobon set it looks like a real plane if you do a smooth cruise-by at 350'.

I've been using cheap alkaline AAA's and get about 2 batteries worth of super bright light. It will stay effective for another 2 batteries but won't be as bright. After that, they get put in the pile for the remote. :) Probably going to get some rechargeables at this point as I love using them.

Anyway, check them out if you like night flying.
|
image.jpg

Make sure you turn off downward sensors....I have the same lights...work great....very bright

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian