DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Augmented Reality Waypoints in video?

Jeffboyardee

Reactions
Hello all,

I'm trying to help out a land broker friend by taking video/pictures with my Mavic Pro. I'm not a certified drone pilot with the FAA yet and am not charging her; I'm doing it for fun.

I would like to figure out a way to draw the lines of a lot of land in a heavily wooded area. There are no distinguishable landmarks at the corners of the property, so I can't add it to the video after the fact.

I have Litchi and have used Drone Deploy and could easily fly to the GPS coordinates of the borders of the property, but I would like to be able to show the borders in context to the surrounding area.

Smartcam 3D View by Rapid Imaging looks promising, but I don't have an Apple device to be able to run the app.

Essentially I want to be able to see the waypoints in augmented reality to pan over the borders of the lot of land and have it displayed in the video or photographs.

Are there any options for Android to allow me to do this?

Thank you for your help.

Have you tried hivemapper?
I think that is a wonderful concept, but I'm not sure where to get the .APK and I think that software generates automatic points.

I would want something that would allow me to manually put in the points in a forest of identical trees and allow video capture showing those points overlayed on the video in AR.

Yes, I agree. I did speak with the developer and they are doing some amazing work but this wouldn’t really work for your project. Sorry.

Reactions: dirkclod
If this is in the U.S. then every county maintains a GIS system that will show exact property lines on a variety of different maps (topo, satellite, street, etc).

BTW, if you want to show the property lines in video (vs a static image) you'll likely need Match Moving software from PVI. I believe you can rent it for $23k/day (yes, note the 'k').

Edit: Actually, if you just wanted to show the property lines for a short bit of video with a straight pan you might be able to do it in Avid with the transpose element.

Last edited:
I did one a couple weeks ago fo a guy in Texas. His property line markers where their but it was to dense to walk so I used the gps reading and then put them in litchi and flew it going very slow and we marked the ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54