DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

August Ireland trip

brahern02

Reactions
Going to Ireland for 2 weeks at the end of August. Bringing my M2Z with me. Have a smaller case and a lipo bag and battery covers so I should be good with the plane. It will all be in my carry on. Drone is also registered with IAA.

We will be in a bunch of areas in Ireland and I was wondering if anyone has flown in these locations?
We will be in Dublin first. Will NOT be attempting to fly anywhere in Dublin.
Then heading to County Mayo for a few days. Cong to be exact. I'm guessing I won't have too much trouble doing a couple early morning flights. The area is beautiful.
Then 2 days in Galway City. I have seen a few drone videos around the Cathedral, but I'm iffy on flying in a city. If I can find a good out of the way place, maybe. Otherwise, not a big deal if I can't.
Then on to Dingle for a few days. I should have no issues flying over the bay. Our B&B is right on the bay. I will ask if I can launch from there front area very early in the morning. If they say no, I have found some other locations on Google Maps.
We are also taking a boat trip to Great Blasket Island and everything I have found says you can fly a drone there. It is not a Heritage site.
Then we will be going to the Cork area. Midleton to be exact. I should be able to find places around there (not in Cork City) to fly. I am aware of airport locations and have maps. But what have your experiences been in Ireland? Have people been cool with it mostly? What about the Gardai? I plan on doing everything legally, but I have been stopped in the US before. I just want to avoid hassles and certainly don't want to cause any harm. Thanks guys!

Once you are flying out in remote areas you should be fine. As you said, cities (being heavily populated areas) are a no no and best left alone. But the likes of Cong, Blaskets etc. you'll be fine. I've only ever had curious bystanders approach me when flying, and never had any objections directed towards me. But I do make an effort not to disturb others - especially in quiet scenic spots where drone noises don't exactly add to the tranquil setting!

Reactions: Pentacular 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55