DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australia Trip / Far North QLD

ikarus001

Reactions
Hi!

I will be traveling to Australia this summer. Also i will make a stopover in Singapore, where i wont fly, but i will have to take the Mavic into Singapore in my luggage.

For Australia: I read about a registration, but on the website of CASA i do not find anything? I fly for fun, with the Mavic (very small drone?)
https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft ... ng-drones-australia

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards from an Australia-loving German :)

P.S. if anyone has cool locations for flying in the Port Douglas / Cape Tribulation area, please let me know!

Hi!

I will be traveling to Australia this summer. Also i will make a stopover in Singapore, where i wont fly, but i will have to take the Mavic into Singapore in my luggage.

For Australia: I read about a registration, but on the website of CASA i do not find anything? I fly for fun, with the Mavic (very small drone?)

P.S. if anyone has cool locations for flying in the Port Douglas / Cape Tribulation area, please let me know!
I do not have any advice for you but if you could get some cool videos of saltwater crocodiles I would be very appreciative. Have a safe trip.

Thanks! Thats on my list for sure :)

I already saw some clips from that area, it looks like there are crocs everywhere along the river banks, should be no problem to get some shots. Kinda scary though, but oh well.

I defnitely want to follow the rules, so if anybody from Australia could let me know about the current status of registrations that would be great. To me it looks like its not required for the mavic -flying for fun.

All the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: ikarus001
thanks for the link!

Queensland – the most open and deregulated of the lot.
“For recreational purposes you do not need a permit to use a drone in Queensland’s National Parks as long as it weighs under 2kg, there are less than 10 people involved in the film shoot (i.e. the crew) and no buildings or structures are being filmed”

In short – No pre-arrangement required. Be safe, be sensible and have fun.

that sounds very good no?

awesome! Responsible i will be :)

If you want to fly in Port Douglas, try the beach (end of Macrossan St) - Four Mile Beach.
Best time is early in the morning or late in the afternoon when there are not too many people around.

Not sure about Daintree Rainforest. I did check the CASA app and it should be all good to fly there.

Live in Australia and QLD in particular, you will have no issues if you are flying legally.
Yep pretty simple here. Use the “can I fly there” app. Stay under 400ft, and not over people and you should be fine.
Hope you enjoy your trip down under

Hi!

Make sure you travel up to the Atherton Tablelands as well, plenty of open spaces and waterfalls, also head down to Babinda and swim at the Boulders. We haven't taken any aerial photos here as there were too many people about. Check out our instagram account Helen & Neil Cooper (@imagescairns_dji_olympusm43) • Instagram photos and videos
As long as you go by CASA guidelines for recreational flying you will be right - no need to register. Link for flying drones in Australia is Flying drones or model aircraft recreationally
Enjoy your travelling and good luck.

Reactions: ikarus001 and Simmo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots