DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australian Army Black Hornet Military drone

MAvic_South_Oz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Found an interesting video from the recent 2019 Avalon International Airshow.

From 13:35 - 19:07 they look at, and fly, these little beasts.

Had to believe they can get 720p res, 2 - 3 km range, and 20' flight time !!
But then, they are a step above the cost of DJI consumer products.

Not just our army using these ;-)

I imagine the tech was developed by most likely the US, wonder what they have moved up to now ?

I remember seeing a video a couple of years ago of thousands of little micro drones spawning out of a plane (or a larger unmanned drone, can't remember that part . . . they dispersed, basically IED's that could hunt down targets and explode to kill an enemy etc.

Seemed a little far fetched when I first saw it, but is probably more realistic now the way this tech is going.

if you like to read check out
kill decision daniel suarez
Kill Decision - Wikipedia
This dude writes hi tech novels, fiction but most of the tech in his stories exists. There is aways an appendix at the end of the book with links to all of the research and tech.
this isnt his best book but still a great read and drone related.
Highly recommended enjoyable read, and if you like it, he has some other fantastic books

This dude writes hi tech novels, fiction but most of the tech in his stories exists. There is aways an appendix at the end of the book with links to all of the research and tech.
Highly recommended enjoyable read, and if you like it, he has some other fantastic books

Just checked a couple of reviews, looks like a great read for the desert trip in late May :)
Or maybe a great 'hear' !!
As much as I like reading, I can download the audible.com.au of this for free 30 days, so might do that.
Swagtime story, ha ha.

thanks for the recommendation - just used one of my credits to acquire it on audio book format... cheers

Looks like they’d be lighter than
.55lbs....! Just sayin...

Duct Tape, and me thinking it would be all polished like the Hornet in "Eye in the Sky"

Reminds me of a movie where the beauty of a T-92 Tank is defined by it's lack of the unnecessary

Sry for the holloywood digressions but Did anyone see

Uri-The surgical strike.

There is a funny bird drone scene in it.

if you can buy it, and the australian 'army' just got it, It was probably used in the first gulf war by SASR, and less good special forces.
You think Oakleys are the coolest kit spec ops get, lol

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters