DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Australian Silo Art

DJ Wes

Reactions
Site
www.litchiutilities.com
Western Victoria has many grain farms and disused grain silos. The silos have become the canvas for local artists. This video shows some of this artwork and other scenes from Victoria.

The footage was taken using an Air 2s. 90% was done with Litchi. The remainder with DJI Fly.

Is this video playing properly for everyone? When I try to play my own video from this site I get this error:

Capture.PNG

It has been giving me this error since I made this post. It plays properly from YouTube.

Western Victoria has many grain farms and disused grain silos. The silos have become the canvas for local artists. This video shows some of this artwork and other scenes from Victoria.

The footage was taken using an Air 2s. 90% was done with Litchi. The remainder with DJI Fly.
That was awesome! Mind if I share online?

Superb Wes. Thank you. BTW would you recommend Litchi (vs Dronelink etc)?
Litchi vs Dronelink is a whole topic in itself.

I've used Dronelink for a while. Obviously, Dronelink is more powerful and provides more flexibility than Litchi. However, with flexibility comes complexity. What takes me a few minutes to set up in Litchi took me much longer in Dronelink. The simplest steps, like "start recording" require several low-level operations. Dronelink allows you to create reusable components. I understand that because I am a software developer. However, Litchi does 95% of what I need to do in a much more intuitive way.

Dronelink is a great piece of software. You would just have to commit dedicating a lot more time learning how to use it and configuring your missions.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film! Art on large buildings and surfaces always amazes me. I just can't figure out how the artist can do it on such a grand scale. These works truly show the people of the land and they were all wonderful. Your filming of them was truly expert.

Here in Miami, an area of the city that has become a hot spot for the restaurants and culture of the younger crowd called Wynwood, is filled with hundreds of wall art of huge proportions. I did a video on it several years ago. I will not publish it here because I don't want to steal your thunder.

Dale

Reactions: DJ Wes
@DJ Wes
Might I suggest that you take another looks at DL as I think you will find it has evolved quite a bit with regard to ease of use

The recent UI changes have made things a lot simpler - things that I always asked for like waypoints having altitude and actions instead of having to do that separately - make life much easier and more intuitive. I hadn't used Litchi for a while and decided to use it just the other day and I found myself getting frustrated at the lack of functionality.

And now that DL have adding Autel support - I know quite a few a people will be happy with that.

Check out this update that I just recieved if you're interested

Like you, I'm an ex-developer and was heavily in the camp of Dl being complex, but I stuck with it because it gave me so much more I could do in a single mission. You only have to forget to change the framerate for a client who insists on specific settings once to realize not having camera settings in the mission is a headache.

But that was the past. Give it another shot - honestly, I think you will be impressed with how far it has come

Beautifully done and thank you for sharing. Loved the mix with landscapes as well.
Silo art certainly has a great following and brings tourists to these towns as well as pride in local areas. There are 'silo art trails' for people to visit many of the location and silo art calendars are available also.

Great work Wes,

During our year-long adventure around Australia we came across many of the amazing painted silos and made a point of filming and photographing them, even meeting a couple of the people who were depicted in the artwork.

It got to a point during the drive through the wheatbelts in Western and South Australia that we realised how dull the many, many silos were that were just painted white. ‘B O R I N G’ … get with it guys and get the artists onboard, we would say as we drove past.

The painted silos have greatly benefitted the small communities in our enormous and diverse country that have invested in the artwork to attract tourists.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42