DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australia's central deserts (M2P in hyper log gamma)

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
Another in my HLG series, a challenge to color grade sometimes but I think worth it if you can keep the 10 bit color all the way through by encoding in H265 to Vimeo or youtube.

Hi there
Excellent video, really liked the time of day you chose for the shoot, was that Ayers Rock in the back ground early on in the video, I really liked the Camel Train, how far away was the nearest road...?

Well Done..
Waylander

Reactions: christangey
Hi there
Excellent video, really liked the time of day you chose for the shoot, was that Ayers Rock in the back ground early on in the video, I really liked the Camel Train, how far away was the nearest road...?

Well Done..
Waylander
Yes Waylander that was Ayers Rock, taken from outside the Park. The camels were in fact only about 2km from the nearest road but as they say it is just as important what you frame out of your shot as what you frame into it!

Reactions: waylander
OUTSTANDING!! Absolutely beautiful. I was in Australia with the Mrs in April . . . I wanted to do the Bush soooo bad but we were there for a cruise and didn't have time. Me and my bird WILL be going back . . . I'll send the Mrs. to . . . wherever.

Great video Chris. I took my M2P to Uluru as well. Got some wonderful shots from inside my camera case :rolleyes:!!! Really hard, as a tourist, to know where you can fly with so many 'No Drones' signs everywhere around there. I ended up paying a heap to get a sunset helicopter flight over 'the rock' which obviously gave a bit more elevation than the standard 119m limit that CASA allow for your drone. Now I wish I'd been a bit more 'adventurous'. Well done, and I loved the direct down angle on a lot of your shots. Great POV.
Cheers, Sean

Attachments

• _SDF2621ps.jpg
    _SDF2621ps.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 12
OUTSTANDING!! Absolutely beautiful. I was in Australia with the Mrs in April . . . I wanted to do the Bush soooo bad but we were there for a cruise and didn't have time. Me and my bird WILL be going back . . . I'll send the Mrs. to . . . wherever.
Ha! Sounds like good plan Skywatcher, and thanks!

Great video Chris. I took my M2P to Uluru as well. Got some wonderful shots from inside my camera case :rolleyes:!!! Really hard, as a tourist, to know where you can fly with so many 'No Drones' signs everywhere around there. I ended up paying a heap to get a sunset helicopter flight over 'the rock' which obviously gave a bit more elevation than the standard 119m limit that CASA allow for your drone. Now I wish I'd been a bit more 'adventurous'. Well done, and I loved the direct down angle on a lot of your shots. Great POV.
Cheers, Sean
Thanks Sean, as a Location scout I have to know EXACTLY where you can and can't fly and of course that also varies between commercial and non-commercial purposes anyway. Basically the Park itself is a no-go zone. As a Cinematographer I also like the "top-shot" but I think it can became a little clichéd too, so I think you have to have a reason for it.

I also love the straight down shots. I didn’t realize how compelling that angle was until I got a drone. Now I use that shot for all variety of subjects. The shadows were so dramatic. It takes a lot of patience to wait that long. I also like the corkscrew shots. Vertigo.

I also love the straight down shots. I didn’t realize how compelling that angle was until I got a drone. Now I use that shot for all variety of subjects. The shadows were so dramatic. It takes a lot of patience to wait that long. I also like the corkscrew shots. Vertigo.

Depends on the style you're after, I'm always going for a cinematic look which means subtle movements. I think its also important in most cases at 25 or 30P to keep it slow so you don't bring in motion blur or a juddering effect. Thanks for your comments.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov