DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australia's Northern Territory- the "Top End"

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
The latest in a series I'm doing with the M2P in HLG format, this time I head to croc country and to the backyard, the top end of my own Northern Territory.

Thankyou for these beautiful shots. Some of the places bring back memories. I lived in Darwin in the 60s and visited many of them. Darwin was a pretty wild town in those days and Kakadu did not exist. Croc shooting was still legal so we could swim anywhere. Never saw a croc.

Thankyou for these beautiful shots. Some of the places bring back memories. I lived in Darwin in the 60s and visited many of them. Darwin was a pretty wild town in those days and Kakadu did not exist. Croc shooting was still legal so we could swim anywhere. Never saw a croc.
No worries Bushie, yes those were the days they tell me. Actually old Ted Egan is a mate of mine, he's 87 and still going!

The latest in a series I'm doing with the M2P in HLG format, this time I head to croc country and to the backyard, the top end of my own Northern Territory.
Very well done, Chris. Professional video of a quality I rarely see anymore. Beautiful slow and thoughtful shots. Superb editing and lovingly put together. As good as anything by BBC nature... tho they are great too. y deepest compliments for this! I watch all of your videos and was mesmerized and pleased.

Very well done, Chris. Professional video of a quality I rarely see anymore. Beautiful slow and thoughtful shots. Superb editing and lovingly put together. As good as anything by BBC nature... tho they are great too. y deepest compliments for this! I watch all of your videos and was mesmerized and pleased.
Thanks very much Joe, I do try to make it a bit cerebral, in as much as a lot of planning and pre-runs go into most shots. I also try to be very aware of light. But if I achieve a natural free-flowing look despite the pre-planning I've done my job! I once heard a comedian say that "the best ad-lib is a rehearsed ad-lib".

Reactions: Joe Boudreault
Termite mounds Skywalker, I suspect they cover an area about the size of Texas in Northern Australia. I think I might have accidentally given some drone racers a few ideas!

Reactions: Skywalker
Thanks very much Joe, I do try to make it a bit cerebral, in as much as a lot of planning and pre-runs go into most shots. I also try to be very aware of light. But if I achieve a natural free-flowing look despite the pre-planning I've done my job! I once heard a comedian say that "the best ad-lib is a rehearsed ad-lib".
Splendid stuff, Chris. I have a Mavic Air and am impressed by the high quality of video it gives me. I also know the tedious (but enjoyable) process of editing (I use Pinnacle 21 Studio). You are right about the use of light and shadows... you have done that extremely well. Especially the aerial views of the camels etc. I really look forward to more of your videos.

I expected to se Crocodile Dundee in this movie?? Amazing shots of the wildlife though.

Very nice! Great cinematography and flying. Especially love the slow camera pans and tilts.

Hey- check out the band Gondwanaland for possible music- they produced tracks that may fit in to some of your work.

Reactions: christangey
Very nice! Great cinematography and flying. Especially love the slow camera pans and tilts.

Hey- check out the band Gondwanaland for possible music- they produced tracks that may fit in to some of your work.
Thanks! Yes I'm old enough to remember Gondwanaland, in fact I went to many of their concerts around the Northern Territory. I think the didj player was Charlie Hook?

Thanks! Yes I'm old enough to remember Gondwanaland, in fact I went to many of their concerts around the Northern Territory. I think the didj player was Charlie Hook?
Charlie McMahon- I loved their music! I had some friends from Australia that would bring their music to the States when visiting and I was hooked on it. I was pretty nerdy in that even as a late teen in college, I would only listen to instrumental music like Gondwanaland. If I was in Australia, I’d love to use their music for my videos too.

The low shots over water looked great. Did you have any issues with flying too low or did you turn off the sensors?
No, have being doing low passes on water for years. If it "pulls up" I just adjust a little higher and do another run

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98