DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel Robitcs Sues DJI

This is gonna be good...

48d.gif

Part of this appears to be over Tap2Fly. Personally, I don't see that as an infridgement. Aurtel's patent is so general.

I see this going on for awhile and DJI offering a settlement amount.

Part of this appears to be over Tap2Fly. Personally, I don't see that as an infridgement. Aurtel's patent is so general.

I see this going on for awhile and DJI offering a settlement amount.
They are just mad that DJI has sued them for patent infringement. This is gonna be interesting for sure since DJI most likely has patents on the same thing but without sensors, I think it will get complicated. Besides, if Autel has all this stuff we all want why won't they produce an RC aircraft. At this point the sell nothing but a couple of accessories. They really dropped the ball.

If you can't make money making and selling decent drones, sue a company that makes tonnes of money selling drones. I think Autel need R&D money to get their EVO actually off the ground. The lawsuit could have been lodge a long time ago and at any other drone maker. I don't think this is about protecting their patent. Just trying for a quick money grab.

Sometimes, for progress to work, patents needs to be ignored or skimmed on the edge of it. There are patent trolls that just comes up with ideas where tech might be going, apply patents and do absolutely nothing. They wait for some company to come up with something that is close to infringe their patent and sue them for millions.
But yes, Chinese companies are well known for ignoring patents. But they did help push prices down on genuine products. ;)

Sometimes, for progress to work, patents needs to be ignored or skimmed on the edge of it. There are patent trolls that just comes up with ideas where tech might be going, apply patents and do absolutely nothing. They wait for some company to come up with something that is close to infringe their patent and sue them for millions.
But yes, Chinese companies are well known for ignoring patents. But they did help push prices down on genuine products. ;)

Oh, okay. I forgot how stealing ideas is okay if you pretend it's in the name of progress.

Oh, okay. I forgot how stealing ideas is okay if you pretend it's in the name of progress.
So, let's say you got a great idea. You did some investigation to see if it would work and check the market and there's none out there. Then you do a search if your idea has been thought of by someone else. Turns out there's a patent in place. You checked out the owner of said patent, and realised it's owned by a patent troll. What would you do? Don't assume only one person's idea is totally unique. Some people take action, and become successful. Some don't do anything, and regret when someone else did something and become successful. Some just pay a few hundred bucks to get a patent and patiently wait for someone else who's trying to be successful, and take money out of that person's hard work.

Patents filled in 2007 and very general idea.

Autel’s excuse for not launching and they need seed money to manufacture ( Mod Removed ) of product..bottom line...I see a long time before Autel launches their Mavic copy. , by that time MAvic Pro 2 will be out with better camera, etc...anyways i don’t see any future for consumer drones until these big greedy companies work wth governments around the world to address these strict laws...Making a drone that can fly 7 kms make no sense when laws in most countries forbid it....DJI will be focusing on the movie and commercial businesses and maybe the racing drones under 250g..like the Spark with better camera etc..my guess anyways..

Autel’s excuse for not launching and they need seed money to manufacture ( M0d Removed ) of product..bottom line...I see a long time before Autel launches their Mavic copy. , by that time MAvic Pro 2 will be out with better camera, etc...anyways i don’t see any future for consumer drones until these big greedy companies work wth governments around the world to address these strict laws...Making a drone that can fly 7 kms make no sense when laws in most countries forbid it....DJI will be focusing on the movie and commercial businesses and maybe the racing drones under 250g..like the Spark with better camera etc..my guess anyways..
Who said there would be an MP2

Who said there would be an MP2
Im just saying, like Phantom 5 or Inspire 3 ..just saying its going to take a long time and DJI will likely come out with something new before they launch their drone...This reminds me of 3DR SOLO launch...OMG that was a fiasco... They promote the crap out of it and close to a year later where is it..with no information why they are taking so long...Hey I would be happy to be wrong, but I’m not holding my breath

Im just saying, like Phantom 5 or Inspire 3 ..just saying its going to take a long time and DJI will likely come out with something new before they launch their drone...This reminds me of 3DR SOLO launch...OMG that was a fiasco... They promote the crap out of it and close to a year later where is it..with no information why they are taking so long...Hey I would be happy to be wrong, but I’m not holding my breath

Or maybe the GoPro Drone product that all had to be recalled....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851