DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Authorisation as French citizen for Macvi mini in Mexico

ChrisInPlaya

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a macvi mini, and I’m going to move out to Playa-del-carmen in Mexico .
a read a few things about the drone laws in Mexico and it’s new regulations but still not 100% sure . So, could you please help me on that matter ?
I read as its weight is under 250 grams there is no need for registration BUT , as a foreigner am I still able to use it ? And where could I find the fly drone zones?
Many thanks for your help
Chris

Hello, ChrisinPlaya. You are going to visit a very beautiful place!! Congrats.
With regard to flying a drone, you don't need to register it. You can fly it almost anywhere.
I only recommend you not flying it over people, or if you visit a zoo, not over animals.
Maybe in arqueological zones it is prohibited, but you can ask the personnel working there.
On the other hand, look for the wind, because most of the time it is very high, but even so you can fly your drone with confidence. I've flown a mini with winds up to 20 kms/hr and it was very stable.
Have a nice vacation!!

Reactions: ChrisInPlaya
Hello, ChrisinPlaya. You are going to visit a very beautiful place!! Congrats.
With regard to flying a drone, you don't need to register it. You can fly it almost anywhere.
I only recommend you not flying it over people, or if you visit a zoo, not over animals.
Maybe in arqueological zones it is prohibited, but you can ask the personnel working there.
On the other hand, look for the wind, because most of the time it is very high, but even so you can fly your drone with confidence. I've flown a mini with winds up to 20 kms/hr and it was very stable.
Have a nice vacation!!
Hi Victor,
Thank you so much for that quick reply .
I heard from someone from DJI that there 2 types of macvi mini CE (2,4 GHz) and FCC (5,8Ghz) ? Or are they on the same device and you have to choose between the 2 frequencies?
thanks in advance if you got that tricky answer

I would suggest that you look for official info on the local civil aviation website. If I remember correctly from the time I was going it was hard to impossible for a foreign operator to quickly get a permit. Remember it's a country that struggles with crime and corruption so you might run into trouble regardless of the legality of your flight. Just putting it out there.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a macvi mini, and I’m going to move out to Playa-del-carmen in Mexico .
a read a few things about the drone laws in Mexico and it’s new regulations but still not 100% sure . So, could you please help me on that matter ?
I read as its weight is under 250 grams there is no need for registration BUT , as a foreigner am I still able to use it ? And where could I find the fly drone zones?
Many thanks for your help
Chris
Best place to start is the link below. The actual Mexican law is only available in Spanish. Beware of local police.

Hi Victor,
Thank you so much for that quick reply .
I heard from someone from DJI that there 2 types of macvi mini CE (2,4 GHz) and FCC (5,8Ghz) ? Or are they on the same device and you have to choose between the 2 frequencies?
thanks in advance if you got that tricky answer
Hello again, ChrisinPlaya. Let me explain this to you. In America, you have to use FCC at 5.8 ghz. In Europe, it is prohibited to use this band. That's why, if you bought your drone in Europe, it uses CEE.
I don't know if it changes automatically or you have to change it. If somebody else could help answer that.

Hello again, ChrisinPlaya. Let me explain this to you. In America, you have to use FCC at 5.8 ghz. In Europe, it is prohibited to use this band. That's why, if you bought your drone in Europe, it uses CEE.
I don't know if it changes automatically or you have to change it. If somebody else could help answer that.
In most drones this changes automatically based on your current location. As far as i know only Mavic Mini is region locked.

Reactions: VictorHug0
That means that it doesn't change the band? What happens if you fly en CEE here in Mexico?
Based on other territories where FCC is used the CEE is allowed as well. It's the other way around that you need to worry. I don't know if this is a rule everywhere though.

Reactions: VictorHug0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada