DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Authorization to fly in contrled zone

R M Ford

Reactions
I applied online to get authorization to fly in a controled area and got it instantly. I recieved an email giving me a link to instructions on how to import the license to my drone. i did what it said as far as I could go. But, on the screen that shows the approved license and dates it is valid for, instead of the right side showing "Import to Aircraft" it says "Aircraft disconnted". But, it is connected. I checked it. Although it would not fly because it was still locked, I could control the camera from the RC. What do I need to do so that the screen for unlocking the drone recognizes the drone connection that exists. I made sure all firmware was up dated. It is a DJI Mini 3 Pro.

The serial # that you unlocked at the Dji site is probably different than your aircraft.

The authorisation process I find a little tricky & varies between my 2 drones (MA2 & M3). Are you getting a 6 digit code sent to your phone via text message to unlock after importing to drone? This is on the day you have authorisation to fly, and after you request import via dji fly & immediately before you intend to fly.

I can not get as far as the phone stage because I cant import in the first place. DJI have given me a list of things to try. i am about to do that now. Thanks for the feedback..

I can not get as far as the phone stage because I cant import in the first place. DJI have given me a list of things to try. i am about to do that now. Thanks for the feedback..
Please let us know what works

Reactions: JimSteadman
I think you must have internet connection when doing the unlocking, because a code is sent via a text message. This is for the M3 & not for my MA2.

I applied online to get authorization to fly in a controled area and got it instantly. I recieved an email giving me a link to instructions on how to import the license to my drone. i did what it said as far as I could go. But, on the screen that shows the approved license and dates it is valid for, instead of the right side showing "Import to Aircraft" it says "Aircraft disconnted". But, it is connected. I checked it. Although it would not fly because it was still locked, I could control the camera from the RC. What do I need to do so that the screen for unlocking the drone recognizes the drone connection that exists. I made sure all firmware was up dated. It is a DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Did you get this sorted?
I have the same problem. I have checked the serial number, WiFi is connected, aircraft responds to commands from the remote and everything is updated but like you no code and 'aircraft disconnected'. Very frustrating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929