DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AUTHORIZATION ZONE. EXIT IMMEDIATELY.

Peter Brazil

Reactions
Hello from Brazil.

I live close to a naval air base and am aware of all the borders and fencing. I need to unlock every time I want to fly, not a big deal.
Yesterday I was filming two friends who were sailing and I got the AUTHORIZATION ZONE. EXIT IMMEDIATELY message. First time ever, so it startled me a bit, but I reversed course immediately and all was clear. I then moved to another angle and got the message again, and I moved out quickly. No problems.
However, I have read threads that say that the drone lost control, pilot couldn't return, etc... How long does it take before any of this happens? I got this message about 1/2-3/4 of a mile away from my yard, but right in the middle of the lake. Would hate to see my bird take a plunge.

The pink box shows the naval air base location.
Authorization Zone.jpg

Last edited:
Hello from Brazil.

I live close to a naval air base and am aware of all the borders and fencing. I need to unlock every time I want to fly, not a big deal.
Yesterday I was filming two friends who were sailing and I got the AUTHORIZATION ZONE. EXIT IMMEDIATELY message. First time ever, so it startled me a bit, but I reversed course immediately and all was clear. I then moved to another angle and got the message again, and I moved out quickly. No problems.
However, I have read threads that say that the drone lost control, pilot couldn't return, etc... How long does it take before any of this happens? I got this message about 1/2-3/4 of a mile away from my yard, but right in the middle of the lake. Would hate to see my bird take a plunge.

The pink box shows the naval air base location.
View attachment 138983
Actually had this happen to me yesterday 1/16/23 as I was headed out towards a cell phone tower that I wanted to practice orbits with. I was at 450 feet, heading towards the tower at 22 mph in normal mode when the aircraft suddenly slowed to 7 mph and the computer said " Aircraft entered authorization zone" with a red message that said to exit immediately, so I turned around and headed back immediately. my speed was limited to 7 mph until I had exited the zone but I was still able to maintain control and didn't notice anything other than the speed being limited...no auto descent or RTH or anything like that. Really startled me. After looking at my flight logs and path and doing a quick google search I discovered that I had inadvertently entered the airspace above a State agency. Whoops !! I've flown the area many times but the particular route I had chosen took me over restricted airspace. Another reason to be as aware as possible with your flying area before you deploy. Cheers and safe flying everyone 🙂

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Actually had this happen to me yesterday 1/16/23 as I was headed out towards a cell phone tower that I wanted to practice orbits with. I was at 450 feet, heading towards the tower at 22 mph in normal mode when the aircraft suddenly slowed to 7 mph and the computer said " Aircraft entered authorization zone" with a red message that said to exit immediately, so I turned around and headed back immediately. my speed was limited to 7 mph until I had exited the zone but I was still able to maintain control and didn't notice anything other than the speed being limited...no auto descent or RTH or anything like that. Really startled me. After looking at my flight logs and path and doing a quick google search I discovered that I had inadvertently entered the airspace above a State agency. Whoops !! I've flown the area many times but the particular route I had chosen took me over restricted airspace. Another reason to be as aware as possible with your flying area before you deploy. Cheers and safe flying everyone 🙂
450'? There's your answer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929