DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto focus and zebra lines

djoe

Reactions
I know there are a number of posts on this, but please can someone help me as camera settings are nothing in my knowledge. I have followed several youtube clips on various settings for the mavic, and all in vain as these zebra lines keep showing on my pictures and videos. I have left everything to auto and still some of them keep appearing which is very annoying as I am still learning this thing and with these on my mind makes flying even more stressful and complicated. Is there anyone who can give this mavic user some hints for settings to try solve the problem please? I usually be flying in bright sunny days. I am really green on this thing, its just my 2nd time flying so please be precise on how to alter the settings. Love you all and thanks in advance.

It's normal for some Zebra lines to be there in most conditions when in auto mode.

Auto Focus has nothing to do with it at all.

Reactions: djoe
It's normal for some Zebra lines to be there in most conditions when in auto mode.

Auto Focus has nothing to do with it at all.

I have half the screen at times with zebra lines, don't think is normal but

I have half the screen at times with zebra lines, don't think is normal but
The zebra lines are your overexposure warning, it indicates what may be overexposed in the shot. You can turn them off in the menu. I will post a pic in a second.
Mavic_Pro_Camera_Settings3.jpg

A good ND filter will help with some of this and try shooting with the sun behind or above you.

THank you Bunny, will update these settings and see how it goes. One other problem I had maybe you can help me as today was my 2nd flight, my drone didnt return to the home position. When I press the home button it was going to land where it was flying not from the take off, at least I was very nearby to see and move it to a safer location.

THank you Bunny, will update these settings and see how it goes. One other problem I had maybe you can help me as today was my 2nd flight, my drone didnt return to the home position. When I press the home button it was going to land where it was flying not from the take off, at least I was very nearby to see and move it to a safer location.
If the drone is within (I think) 5 meters of the home point, and RTH is initiated it will land where it is. Why DJI programmed it that way I do not know but it is in the manual on page 16.
Mavic Pro– Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

yes was in that range, didn't know that. Thanks for the advise. For the follow me mode I need to be connected with GPS? as my ipad don't have 4G connection, so maybe I can use the hotspot from my mobile and connect it with it if it needs to be connected for the follow me

yes was in that range, didn't know that. Thanks for the advise. For the follow me mode I need to be connected with GPS? as my ipad don't have 4G connection, so maybe I can use the hotspot from my mobile and connect it with it if it needs to be connected for the follow me
I do not think that will work with the hot spot, you can however use active track with similar results without GPS.

RTFM immediately. You clearly don't know/understand even the basics, even RTH behavior. :eek: And yet you're trying Follow Me, etc. You're in imminent danger of flushing $1000+ down the toilet.

:mad::confused::cool::eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

RTFM immediately. You clearly don't know/understand even the basics, even RTH behavior. :eek: And yet you're trying Follow Me, etc. You're in imminent danger of flushing $1000+ down the toilet.

where you this clever from your first fights? thats why i am asking to learn no need to be arrogant eighter

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot

when i start flying in a few months,you wont be able to tell me this because by that time i will have ask you and others every possible question there is.o_Oo_OThumbswayup

when i start flying in a few months,you wont be able to tell me this because by that time i will have ask you and others every possible question there is.o_Oo_OThumbswayup

Wait... are you allowed to open that box under the tree only on Christmas '2018? :D

You Sir should be exemplified for doing your thorough research and learning and RTFMing well before your maiden flight. Kudos! Thumbswayup

where you this clever from your first fights? thats why i am asking to learn no need to be arrogant eighter

Xtreme is right. You need to download the manual and read it, and you need to go through the app menus and familiarize yourself with them

When I bought my first drone, a Phantom, I made sure I knew what I was doing before I flew it. Same with the Mavic. If you don’t even know the basics of how RTH works, you’re just asking for trouble.

Xtreme is right. You need to download the manual and read it, and you need to go through the app menus and familiarize yourself with them
I'm certainly not going to discount the importance of reading the Mavic manual, but you guys are a tad off topic. The OP's questions are not mentioned anywhere in the Mavic manual.

The OP's questions are not mentioned anywhere in the Mavic manual.

Correct. However, because we do care, when we notice that the pilot doesn't know not only what's in OP, he knows nothing (especially RTH), we try to point it out that his wallet is in danger. We're just good Samaritans. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: djoe and Mr. Salty
I'm certainly not going to discount the importance of reading the Mavic manual, but you guys are a tad off topic. The OP's questions are not mentioned anywhere in the Mavic manual.

If, as I said, he had familiarized himself with the app menus he would have found the overexposure warning setting, which shows you what it does when its toggled off and on. (Same with the focus peaking setting, so he may want to look at that, too.)

And the RTH landing within 65 feet is covered in the manual.

The point here is that there is a lot to learn with one of these, some more important than others. Putting your Mavic up in the air without having a decent understanding of how things like RTH works is a recipe for a flyaway or it ending up in a tree.

The OP is right, learning to fly one of these can be stressful. The best way, I found, to overcome that was to get completely comfortable when the aircraft was on the ground how the critical functions worked. That meant I knew what to do in certain situations instead of panic.

Last edited:
@djoe, you'll just have to pick and choose which messages you read I guess. Don't sweat the small stuff ;)

I have put my mavic to fly several times, so far all with success Thanks to you all. I saw a lot of clips on youtube, re settings and I was asking here as the problems persisted, but now all solved as well. Regarding the RTH I missed that part where it wont work within the range of 5m, for me it doesn't make much sense but this is my opinion.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada