DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto land feature

If you set controller to autoland, then lose signal, will the drone land or return to home?
If your drone is set to RTH on loss of signal, it should do that and RTH when you lose signal, whether that is in flight or even after you have initiated autolanding.
Should be easy to test and confirm.
Get your drone autolanding some distance away, but where you can see it.
Switch the controller off and see what happens.

Last edited:
If you set controller to autoland, then lose signal, will the drone land or return to home?
If you set the controller to "auto land" then when the signal between the controller and the drone is lost, the drone will land wherever the signal was lost. the drone will NOT return to home.

If you set the controller to "auto land" then when the signal between the controller and the drone is lost, the drone will land wherever the signal was lost. the drone will NOT return to home.
You cannot set the controller to autoland when signal is lost.
That setting has nothing to do with the controller.
It's set inside the drone, so that it knows what to do when/if signal is lost.

You cannot set the controller to autoland when signal is lost.
That setting has nothing to do with the controller.
It's set inside the drone, so that it knows what to do when/if signal is lost.
Yes, it is set through the Fly app in the aircraft. All parameters like that are stored in the aircraft. Sorry that I wasn't clear about that.

Question is still not clearly answered. If signal lost is set to rth. And you have signal and set to auto land and lose signal, will the drone continue to land or revert to rth?

Question is still not clearly answered. If signal lost is set to rth. And you have signal and set to auto land and lose signal, will the drone continue to land or revert to rth?
If you set the parameter to "land" while you have communications with the drone and then lose signal, it will land at the position it lost signal. Personally, I cannot think of a situation where I would ever set the parameter to "land". If I am on land and lose signal, I want it to return to me. If I am on the water and in a moving boat and lose signal, I want it set to "hover" so I can go towards the drone until I recover signal. Does that answer your question?

Read post #2 again.
I made it as clear as is possible.

I guess Im not being clear. Lets say rth is set for signal loss at beginning of flight. I then fly over a hill and hit autoland. Drone then loses signal, will it continue to land or rth.

I guess Im not being clear. Lets say rth is set for signal loss at beginning of flight. I then fly over a hill and hit autoland. Drone then loses signal, will it continue to land or rth.
I know I explained it very clearly way back in post #2, but here it is again.

If you set your drone to RTH on losing signal and it loses signal while autolanding somewhere, it will follow the setting you have set for loss of signal.
It will RTH.

It will be very simple to check that if you want to confirm for yourself.

Lets say rth is set for signal loss at beginning of flight. I then fly over a hill and hit autoland. Drone then loses signal, will it continue to land or rth.
So your question is what happens if the drone loses signal while it is in the process of landing - will it finish landing or will to stop landing and return to home?

I would guess it will return to home, but it might depend on how high it is. If it is sufficiently low that the gimbal auto-rotates and the nice lady says "landing" it might just finish the maneuver. I can see engineering/safety arguments either way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123