DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto or really someone that approves/denies? LAANC and DJI Flysafe unlock)

vtcats

Reactions
I’m really getting curious, based upon my limited experience and was wondering peoples thoughts experience.
I live in a “blue” zone with approval needed/granted up to 400ft. Over the last month I’ve used Aloft and requested approval and each time was instantaneously given permission. Then went onto DJI’s site (this case the overlap of matching the FAA approval is almost the same; but have seen many it’s not). Applied for approval (license I believe they call it) and within a few minutes also given approval with the license/key which transfers to my RC Pro.

Which brings me back to my original question: are there predefined circumstances/conditions where the system just auto approved (for both) because I don’t see how a person actually views what I wrote or applied and was able to get me back the Yes (or even if it was no).
I’m not complaining, but the more I know about this the better it will be…..or more prepared

LAANC is automatic as long as you're flying below the UASFM limits (i.e. 400' or below in a 400' grid, etc.). DJI unlocks are done manually.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian