DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto take off Mavic Air

Music One

Reactions
Soz to be a pain and asking more questions. I have yet to go out and set the compass etc and fly my new mavic air. I notice on some vids that on the auto take off screen there is a little box you can tick for precise landing. Having a look around on mine at the moment the screen doesnt show the box. Do I take it that it will show once I'm out with it and everything is set up properly.
MO

It appears once you tap on the auto take off icon on the screen. Be warned that if you select precision takeoff, the bird will climb upto about 10m to have a better picture of the takeoff point. So make sure you are on a wide clear area with no obstructions, especially above the drone. In fact you are better off practicing in a wide open space until you get the hang of flying. You will probably find out that it is alot easier than you thought it would be but still better to be safe. Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Mike Shock
It appears once you tap on the auto take off icon on the screen. Be warned that if you select precision takeoff, the bird will climb upto about 10m to have a better picture of the takeoff point. So make sure you are on a wide clear area with no obstructions, especially above the drone. In fact you are better off practicing in a wide open space until you get the hang of flying. You will probably find out that it is alot easier than you thought it would be but still better to be safe. Good luck and have fun!
Thanks for the info Doppler. I have clicked on the icon and the slide fader is showing to start it off, but its not showing the box to tick for precision landing. Does the box to tick only show when the gps and compass is set properly and your out in the field.

Thanks for the info Doppler. I have clicked on the icon and the slide fader is showing to start it off, but its not showing the box to tick for precision landing. Does the box to tick only show when the gps and compass is set properly and your out in the field.
I think it needs a GPS lock and of course the compass has to function properly for the bird to determine which way is which. Find an open field, turn on remote controller and the drone and wait for it to get a GPS lock, it will say "the Homepoint has been updated please check it on the map". Then try the auto take off slider. If it still doesn't show you the tick box for precision landing, it might have become the default auto take off procedure. I don't recall which but I remember reading that is the case for the M2P or the zoom. May be they gave done the same with the Air.

I think it needs a GPS lock and of course the compass has to function properly for the bird to determine which way is which. Find an open field, turn on remote controller and the drone and wait for it to get a GPS lock, it will say "the Homepoint has been updated please check it on the map". Then try the auto take off slider. If it still doesn't show you the tick box for precision landing, it might have become the default auto take off procedure. I don't recall which but I remember reading that is the case for the M2P or the zoom. May be they gave done the same with the Air.
i think you have to be up in the air before precision landing comes on and you can land

You have to select precision landing when you take off. That is how I remember it.

Edit: So it is called "Precision take off" and not landing. Got my wording wrong, apologies.

Edit 2: On second thoughts, "precision take off" makes no sense; what it is doing is taking off with precision landing enabled. Why not call it "Enable precision landing"? DJI's wording is very confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The check box is to the right, and is difficult to see against the dark background (lousy UI choice on the part of DJI). I often can't see the box in bright sunlight, even when using a shade. Look carefully for it, and hopefully you'll see it.

Larry

As others have said, you need GPS lock in order to enable precision landing. If you are indoors or in another area where GPS enabled flight is not available, you will not see precision landing available.

Usually, once you are outside and connect to your drone, it will take a few seconds for it to acquire maximum GPS signal. When you’re drone announces “home point updated” precision landing will be available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr