DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto Takeoff

Shield2160

Reactions
Is anyone else seeing this problem? When I set up my Mavic and launch the DJI Go app (iPhone 6s) I don't get the auto takeoff icon just the land icon. Any ideas?

Got a screenshot?

Are you sure you're not referring to the return to home icon?

No it's the icon on the left side with an arrow pointing down. I had a phantom 3 pro and advanced and always got the up arrow for auto take off. then once airborne it would change to the down arrow.

more info is needed and a screenshot as well.

I have seen it not have that icon when it isnt done with the IMU initialization, or you do not have good GPS lock (ATTI Mode). Or there needs to be a calibration before taking off.

It seems that if i use the landing icon it then switches to takeoff icon. don't get it

Both are not displayed at the same time.
Thats correct when i first get ready for takeoff the display shows the auto landing icon if I use it ( the aircraft is already on the ground) It then changes to the takeoff icon and works fine.

Thats correct when i first get ready for takeoff the display shows the auto landing icon if I use it
Is that while your Mavic is warming up or when it's ready to take off?

Does the altitude show 0 when your Mavic is on the ground?

If you're running the current firmware and version of DJI GO, then you might want to get in touch with DJI support. Perhaps you discovered a new bug.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? When I set up my Mavic and launch the DJI Go app (iPhone 6s) I don't get the auto takeoff icon just the land icon. Any ideas?

Almost a year and no real answer? This happens to me all the time. It seems to be related to the update process, since I get a takeoff icon immediately after every update, but after a few flights it disappears again - maybe because the firmware needs an update again? I have touched the RTH icon to see if it would become a takeoff icon, but get an unrelated warning message and no change. Doesn't matter how long I idle before takeoff, if the icon isn't there on startup, it never appears. Not that I use it, but it's exasperating not knowing why it isn't available...

Found the answer in another thread - the auto-takeoff icon only appears with the motors off. Once you start the motors with a CSC, the software decides you are flying the drone and switches the icon to auto-land instead. What's interesting is how many of us are affected by this quirk, which really should be explained better in the manual. Anyway, I'm now satisfied that this little mystery is solved. Happy flying all!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS