DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GrowYourOwn

Reactions
I almost went into the lake yesterday when a slight unexpected gust threw me off target after my drone accepted the landing zone and began descending. My over corrections didn't help any. That being said if maybe I had toned down controls and also the ability to adjust height on my own instead of having a "commit to land" scenario, things would've been less sketchy. Now I will admit with a little work there was a better landing zone(short uphill hike) but I have landed on smaller landing zones as well. So in the end maybe just once the drone accepts its landing zone the controls should be in something similar to tripod modes sensitivity. It would definitely have helped the over correcting problem and if I could've also gone back up a foot or so to re-situate or re-evaluate the landing.

I almost went into the lake yesterday when a slight unexpected gust threw me off target after my drone accepted the landing zone and began descending. My over corrections didn't help any. That being said if maybe I had toned down controls and also the ability to adjust height on my own instead of having a "commit to land" scenario, things would've been less sketchy. Now I will admit with a little work there was a better landing zone(short uphill hike) but I have landed on smaller landing zones as well. So in the end maybe just once the drone accepts its landing zone the controls should be in something similar to tripod modes sensitivity. It would definitely have helped the over correcting problem and if I could've also gone back up a foot or so to re-situate or re-evaluate the landing.

Take a picture of your landing zone so we can see it.

Land manually every time and it'll teach you how to be more precise than the automated landings can do. Stick time from the second you spin up the props until you spin them down.

I have only used automated landing a hand full of times and it was just to see how it worked in a lost link RTH scenario. I agree that stick time is the only way to get the most precise landing. Which in your case if the landing zone was compromised or the conditions were no longer favorable you could have always just pulled up on the stick and canceled the landing.

I have RTH once ever just to see how well it worked ... I used to use a landing pad then got tired of it then I grew a pair and did a hand launch now I almost always just do that's it's super easy even hand landing is simple and fun !!! Hey GrowYourOwn GrowAPair and hand catch the Mavic and grab it out the air !!!

I have RTH once ever just to see how well it worked ... I used to use a landing pad then got tired of it then I grew a pair and did a hand launch now I almost always just do that's it's super easy even hand landing is simple and fun !!! Hey GrowYourOwn GrowAPair and hand catch the Mavic and grab it out the air !!!
Yeah I recently started doing some hand launch and catching. The whole reason we got the Mavic was so we could take kayaking with us and while you are in the boat you have no choice but to hand launch and catch. I have not tried it yet from the boat as I was just afraid of something going wrong, but now that I have been practicing on dry land I think I am ready to get out on the water and try it.

Yeah I recently started doing some hand launch and catching. The whole reason we got the Mavic was so we could take kayaking with us and while you are in the boat you have no choice but to hand launch and catch. I have not tried it yet from the boat as I was just afraid of something going wrong, but now that I have been practicing on dry land I think I am ready to get out on the water and try it.

Yeah well hand launching and catching is easy on land but in a kayak that's totally different the smallest movement from the water will barely move you see I get the Mavic perfectly still hovering and then grab it ..... I believe that that's near impossible unless you have some really calm water must be precise and quick

Yeah well hand launching and catching is easy on land but in a kayak that's totally different the smallest movement from the water will barely move you see I get the Mavic perfectly still hovering and then grab it ..... I believe that that's near impossible unless you have some really calm water must be precise and quick
Well we will find out soon and I will let you know how it goes.

I didn't use RTH and my drone seems to always want to accend when it senses me below it hand or otherwise. Is there a setting for manual landing?

I don't have the vision positioning setting in for landing nor do I have the obstical avoidance on because I had to fly low under some branches to get to this rock. This was no easy task to begin with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent