DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto video start?

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My DJI FPV will allow me to set My camera to auto record video when I take off. I don’t see any such setting for my Mavic 3. Is that correct? No ability to set it to automatically begin video recording ?

My DJI FPV will allow me to set My camera to auto record video when I take off. I don’t see any such setting for my Mavic 3. Is that correct? No ability to set it to automatically begin video recording ?
Sadly : No the M3 does not have that setting to auto record on take off .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water
Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Recoveryone
Litchi. No doubt. The lack of an SDK and waypoints are two of the things that make the M3 just another decent drone instead of a really excellent one. The inability to turn on video recording automatically is just another minor missing option that I don't understand. When you see these things that previous models have that DJI failed to include on the M3 it just boggles my mind.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I think so much about the beauty of the M3 is purely about battery life , and thus anything that would compromise that was taken off or even toned down. I can tell you this , the only reason I choose the M3 over all my other drones is that Battery Life .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain / Snow and land on the Water.

I think so much about the beauty of the M3 is purely about battery life , and thus anything that would compromise that was taken off or even toned down. I can tell you this , the only reason I choose the M3 over all my other drones is that Battery Life .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain / Snow and land on the Water.
And so say all of us

count me in the all of us category. I'm entirely unimpressed with the rest of the improvements other than battery life and even with that I had a hard time choosing it over an Air2s. The crippled 2nd camera is one of my biggest disappointments but lack of Litchi and lack of waypoints continue the disappointment. I don't know if the developer tools are not being planned or what is up with that. oh well. I still enjoy the drone but it's like having a stupid, ugly child :).

It would be nice if all drones auto record on take off as an option. Cannot recall hope many times I could of used that feature . My Mini 3 Pro does seem to have it either. Yesterday I flew for 20mins with no record. You would think I would be better at this after 7 years .

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I cannot tell you how many times it has happened to me, The problem is were multitasking a lot of different elements , and many people make check lists , When I got mad enough I stopped forgetting to hit the record button as its the first thing I do now.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I’d love to have independent options to have auto on for both screen and video recorder✅

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+