DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot Follow Mode - getting it started without an accident!

ksdehoff

Reactions
All:

I use Autopilot's Follow Mode to follow me in a vehicle and am overall very happy with it. The one concern I have with it is the initial start, when I'm not moving the drone's initial position can be absolutely anywhere, sometimes coming very close to cliff edges or trees. Does anyone have suggestions on what has worked for you to get it started in 'tight' locations either more reliably putting it where you want it, or at least keeping it away from hazards.

All:

I use Autopilot's Follow Mode to follow me in a vehicle and am overall very happy with it. The one concern I have with it is the initial start, when I'm not moving the drone's initial position can be absolutely anywhere, sometimes coming very close to cliff edges or trees. Does anyone have suggestions on what has worked for you to get it started in 'tight' locations either more reliably putting it where you want it, or at least keeping it away from hazards.

You have to get the bearing angle and offset correct for this. Using an absolute beating to start out might help with consistency. You can always switch to course once you start moving

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll