DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Avision Error Code

MattMavic22

Reactions
I have the MA2 and I am trying to automate flying with the Avision app. I have a flight plan set up but when I click fly on my plan it gives me the following error code IMG_1115.JPG

One thing I noticed was that the connection was showing an error. When I see what the issue was it says both the gyroscope and accelerometer were failing to connect. I can fly and read this data fine on the DJI fly app so I want to know if this is my problem. I did have a light crash a few weeks ago but recovered it and it seems to be working and flying fine. Any help would he appreciated

Here are the connection errors
IMG_1116.JPG

I have the MA2 and I am trying to automate flying with the Avision app. I have a flight plan set up but when I click fly on my plan it gives me the following error code View attachment 126794

One thing I noticed was that the connection was showing an error. When I see what the issue was it says both the gyroscope and accelerometer were failing to connect. I can fly and read this data fine on the DJI fly app so I want to know if this is my problem. I did have a light crash a few weeks ago but recovered it and it seems to be working and flying fine. Any help would he appreciated

View attachment 126795
I get the same thing. It worked just after I updated the app a few weeks ago and I was able to fly my MA2 through this app but now I’m getting the same errors.
Never have crashed my drone so I’m not sure what the reason for the errors are. Hopefully someone has a fix.

I have the MA2 and I am trying to automate flying with the Avision app. I have a flight plan set up but when I click fly on my plan it gives me the following error code View attachment 126794

View attachment 126795
Any updates on this? Is it working? I still have not been ble to use Avision.

Any updates on this? Is it working? I still have not been ble to use Avision.

Haven’t been able to test it but it says two months ago it updated support for the MA2. Make sure your app is updated and please report back your findings. IMG_1717.JPG

Yeah all mine is up to date. I should say I can fly it in manual mode but it still shows gyroscope and accelerometer errors and won’t fly a programmed flight path.

Got this from Avision today…

Unfortunately, there is currently a DJI imposed limitation - only manual operations are supported by DJI with 3rd party Apps. Once DJI updates their software libraries, Avision will release a new version of the app and make automated missions available for DJI Mavic Air 2.

You can fly in manual mode but not automated flight paths.

Got this from Avision today…

Unfortunately, there is currently a DJI imposed limitation - only manual operations are supported by DJI with 3rd party Apps. Once DJI updates their software libraries, Avision will release a new version of the app and make automated missions available for DJI Mavic Air 2.

You can fly in manual mode but not automated flight paths.

Very little of that is true. Automated missions can be flown on the Mavic Air 2 with third party apps ... Dronelink, Maven, and the new beta version of Litchi can do so now. However, those apps ... in fact, ANY app ... can only do it for the Mavic Air 2 under "virtual stick" control, where the app sends continuous commands to the drone as if the operator was controlling manually. But those commands can indeed be preprogrammed and will direct the drone as if it was under manual control as long as the RF connection is intact. You can preprogram an entire flight with those apps and run it completley hands off as long as the controller is within RF range.

I'm not familiar with Avision, but it sounds like it tries to upload a set of commands (waypoints) that would then control the drone autonomously without continuous commands from the controller. That doesn't work with the Mavic Air 2 and it isn't ever going to work due to limitations imposed by DJI in the drone itself. It isn't a software issue (at least one that Mavic intends to change), and Mavic isn't going to "update their software libraries." If Avision doesn't offer a version that uses virtual stick control (using the already released/updated SDK from DJI) Avision isn't ever going to work with the Mavic Air 2 ... and it sounds like they don't even recognize that that's what they would need to do.

Reactions: FRIZZO
Very little of that is true. Automated missions can be flown on the Mavic Air 2 with third party apps ... Dronelink, Maven, and the new beta version of Litchi can do so now. However, those apps ... in fact, ANY app ... can only do it for the Mavic Air 2 under "virtual stick" control, where the app sends continuous commands to the drone as if the operator was controlling manually. But those commands can indeed be preprogrammed and will direct the drone as if it was under manual control as long as the RF connection is intact. You can preprogram an entire flight with those apps and run it completley hands off as long as the controller is within RF range.

I'm not familiar with Avision, but it sounds like it tries to upload a set of commands (waypoints) that would then control the drone autonomously without continuous commands from the controller. That doesn't work with the Mavic Air 2 and it isn't ever going to work due to limitations imposed by DJI in the drone itself. It isn't a software issue (at least one that Mavic intends to change), and Mavic isn't going to "update their software libraries." If Avision doesn't offer a version that uses virtual stick control (using the already released/updated SDK from DJI) Avision isn't ever going to work with the Mavic Air 2 ... and it sounds like they don't even recognize that that's what they would need to do.
Thanks for the info. I’ve not dug that deep into how the third party apps work but it’s good to know. I’d like to have the ability to preplan a route and just hit “go”. Not sure why DJI doesn’t offer that on the Fly app or why the MA2 doesn’t work with apps like AirMap or Kittyhawk when those work with other DJI drones.

I’ll have to look at those other apps you mentioned again.

Thanks again for the info!

Thanks for the info. I’ve not dug that deep into how the third party apps work but it’s good to know. I’d like to have the ability to preplan a route and just hit “go”. Not sure why DJI doesn’t offer that on the Fly app or why the MA2 doesn’t work with apps like AirMap or Kittyhawk when those work with other DJI drones.

I’ll have to look at those other apps you mentioned again.

Thanks again for the info!

No problem ... happy to help. I can't say why DJI doesn't include better virtual stick mission planning on their Fly app, but the reason the MA2 doesn't work with apps that work on earlier DJI drones is what I said before ... DJI purposely made the MA2 (as well as the Mini 2 and apparently the Air 2S) incapable of accepting uploaded waypoints that could be flown autonomously without further operator control. Whether they did that for hardware or software or other reasons is debatable, but my personal unfounded suspicion has been that DJI decided to appease various governments by making fully autonomous flights impossible in their newer consumer grade drones since many governments have made it illegal anyway. In the U.S. and other places, you are not allowed to intentionally fly your drone any place where you cannot maintain full manual control of the drone. Apps like AirMap, Kittyhawk, Avision, etc haven't added virtual stick control to their apps so they don't work with the MA2 (or Mini2 or Air 2S). Drone operators who want to have full autonomous mission capability anyway pretty much have to buy either one of the earlier drones or else buy one of the more expensive enterprise drones that I believe (not sure) will still have fully autonomous capability.

You can find tutorials for Dronelink, Litchi, and Maven on YouTube.

Dronelink is powerful but complicated so they put out a Quick Start tutorial to simplify things for beginners:

The full release of Litchi doesn't currently support the Mavic Air 2 but the newly released beta does and supposedly works well, so the full release should get updated fairly soon.

Dronelink and Litchi both allow the option of programming in height-above-ground instead of just height-above-takeoff point, but Maven should have that capability soon (projected for sometime in June).

None of the three apps is particularly expensive, especially compared with what you've already paid for your drone. Feature wise, Dronelink is the most powerful but also the most complicated, Maven is probably the simplest and easiest, with Litchi in between (just my opinions). Each app has their own rapid supporters.

No problem ... happy to help. I can't say why DJI doesn't include better virtual stick mission planning on their Fly app, but the reason the MA2 doesn't work with apps that work on earlier DJI drones is what I said before ... DJI purposely made the MA2 (as well as the Mini 2 and apparently the Air 2S) incapable of accepting uploaded waypoints that could be flown autonomously without further operator control. Whether they did that for hardware or software or other reasons is debatable, but my personal unfounded suspicion has been that DJI decided to appease various governments by making fully autonomous flights impossible in their newer consumer grade drones since many governments have made it illegal anyway. In the U.S. and other places, you are not allowed to intentionally fly your drone any place where you cannot maintain full manual control of the drone. Apps like AirMap, Kittyhawk, Avision, etc haven't added virtual stick control to their apps so they don't work with the MA2 (or Mini2 or Air 2S). Drone operators who want to have full autonomous mission capability anyway pretty much have to buy either one of the earlier drones or else buy one of the more expensive enterprise drones that I believe (not sure) will still have fully autonomous capability.

You can find tutorials for Dronelink, Litchi, and Maven on YouTube.

Dronelink is powerful but complicated so they put out a Quick Start tutorial to simplify things for beginners:

The full release of Litchi doesn't currently support the Mavic Air 2 but the newly released beta does and supposedly works well, so the full release should get updated fairly soon.

Dronelink and Litchi both allow the option of programming in height-above-ground instead of just height-above-takeoff point, but Maven should have that capability soon (projected for sometime in June).

None of the three apps is particularly expensive, especially compared with what you've already paid for your drone. Feature wise, Dronelink is the most powerful but also the most complicated, Maven is probably the simplest and easiest, with Litchi in between (just my opinions). Each app has their own rapid supporters.
Thanks again. Really informative. I’ve been looking at Maven since reading your last post. I’ll probably give that a try!

Thanks again. Really informative. I’ve been looking at Maven since reading your last post. I’ll probably give that a try!
As @AZDave mentioned "Dronelink and Litchi both allow the option of programming in height-above-ground instead of just height-above-takeoff point, but Maven should have that capability soon (projected for sometime in June)", Maven now has those capabilities. It might be just only in Beta so far.

Reactions: FRIZZO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun