DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Awaiting delivery

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Tunnedave.

You're gonna love DJI products.

I've had a Spark for over three years and recently purchased a MA2.

So far so good.

Make sure you read the manual a few times, watch YouTube videos, and check back here for additional help.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and helpful advice. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Thanks for the advice. Will do

I didn't consider any refurbished or second hand drones, so I didn't research any drones no longer in production. When I recently decided on my first drone, the two main contenders were the Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2...

I personally found those two videos quite useful for making my decision. Which ended up being the Mavic Air 2. The only other option I flirted with was the Skydio 2 cos I was blown away by its intelligent flight modes. But ultimately, for me, the Air 2 represents the best value for money.

The Mini's 249g isn't a big deal to me because registration is not difficult or expensive, and the Mini is restricted to the same rules otherwise. It's not like you can legally fly a Mini beyond VLOS or above a football stadium just because you don't have to register it.

That said, if you aren't too into videography and aerial photography, and just enjoy the thrill of flying fast... then maybe the Mini would be better... or perhaps even a small dedicated FPV drone instead.

I didn't consider any refurbished or second hand drones, so I didn't research any drones no longer in production. When I recently decided on my first drone, the two main contenders were the Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2...

I personally found those two videos quite useful for making my decision. Which ended up being the Mavic Air 2. The only other option I flirted with was the Skydio 2 cos I was blown away by its intelligent flight modes. But ultimately, for me, the Air 2 represents the best value for money.

The Mini's 249g isn't a big deal to me because registration is not difficult or expensive, and the Mini is restricted to the same rules otherwise. It's not like you can legally fly a Mini beyond VLOS or above a football stadium just because you don't have to register it.

That said, if you aren't too into videography and aerial photography, and just enjoy the thrill of flying fast... then maybe the Mini would be better... or perhaps even a small dedicated FPV drone instead.
Thanks for your advice, I'm still researching so the links you posted will be very useful

I got the Mini because, at the time, I thought not having to register was nice. In some countries it's a bigger deal but in the US it's just a matter of $5 for 3 years. And at 249g, you legally need to register as soon as you add pretty much anything to it. The other consideration was overall cost. I didn't want to drop upwards of $1000 for the MA2 that I might use for a little while and then have it collect dust. I think I've confirmed that not to be the case.

I love my Mini but I could see me getting another somewhere down the line. It may be the MA3 by then, who knows?

mikeg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929