DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Awaiting for my first drone

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Good day everybody. While awaiting for my drone, i just wanted to ask where can i fly my drone in Los Angeles area.

Let me know. Thank you.

Download AirMap. It'll show most NFZ areas clearly. BTW, takeoff/landing drones in LA city parks is a no-no. See below:

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/lamc63.pdf

“Within the limits of any park or other City-owned Harbor Department designated and controlled property within the City of Los Angeles…No person shall land, release, take off or fly any balloon, except children toy balloons not inflated with any flammable material, helicopter, parakite, hang glider, aircraft or powered models thereof, except in areas specifically set aside therefor.”

Still, lots of the city is OK. Happy flying!

Download AirMap. It'll show most NFZ areas clearly. BTW, takeoff/landing drones in LA city parks is a no-no. See below:

undefined

“Within the limits of any park or other City-owned Harbor Department designated and controlled property within the City of Los Angeles…No person shall land, release, take off or fly any balloon, except children toy balloons not inflated with any flammable material, helicopter, parakite, hang glider, aircraft or powered models thereof, except in areas specifically set aside therefor.”

Still, lots of the city is OK. Happy flying!
And after all their rules and regulations, they forgot to say "Have Fun"

Welcome my friend, before you put the battery in your bird read and reread the instructions and when you are ready to fly make sure you put your bird in beginner mode and keep it in that mode for a day or two until you get used to what it can and may be able to do and also read the post's on the forum here. Good Luck.

I always cringe when I read,.."my first drone.."
Go read all the posts on 'lost my drone', 'fell out of the sky' ad infinitum to learn what not to do. This should help. My first advice would be to not spend $1k on my first anything. Not trying to be a naysayer but,.. would you give a Mercedes to your 16 yr old who just got their learners permit?!!?

I always cringe when I read,.."my first drone.."
Go read all the posts on 'lost my drone', 'fell out of the sky' ad infinitum to learn what not to do. This should help. My first advice would be to not spend $1k on my first anything. Not trying to be a naysayer but,.. would you give a Mercedes to your 16 yr old who just got their learners permit?!!?

Funny you say that. I gave my daughter a mercedes in her 16th birthday last year.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121