DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4U FLY - Version 4.0.2 & Update on Las Vegas Controlled Airspace

ChuckNorrisUSAF

Reactions
iOS version of B4U FLY just got an update yesterday. I'll post screenshots below.

I was also hit up by a buddy of mine down in Vegas.... their recreational flying within the controlled airspace just got cut to almost zero. There is now ONLY one legal area to fly your drone within controlled airspace **SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT**

Attachments

• IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2089.png
    IMG_2089.png
    642.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2090.png
    IMG_2090.png
    571.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    477.3 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Slim.slamma
iOS version of B4U FLY just got an update yesterday. I'll post screenshots below.

I was also hit up by a buddy of mine down in Vegas.... their recreational flying within the controlled airspace just got cut to almost zero. There is now ONLY one legal area to fly your drone within controlled airspace **SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT**

That’s an AMA field that you have to be a member of to fly there. Most AMA fields are in controlled airspace for some reason. I guess so ATC can keep manned aircraft away

That’s an AMA field that you have to be a member of to fly there. Most AMA fields are in controlled airspace for some reason. I guess so ATC can keep manned aircraft away
The AMA website, under Club Finder, shows 2,023 clubs. Do they all have flying sites? I don't know. The FAA memo from the other day said that there are approximately 350 AMA fixed sites located in controlled airspace, and less than 200 hundred are listed for recreational UAS use. Those that are in controlled airspace aren't there so that ATC can keep manned aircraft away. There is only one AMA site on the approved "in controlled airspace" list in my state. The next closest "approved site in controlled airspace" is over 200 air miles away. There are, however, many more AMA sites not in controlled airspace. But it doesn't matter, fly outside controlled airspace and one doesn't need to worry about AMA sites, other than to avoid them.

The AMA website, under Club Finder, shows 2,023 clubs. Do they all have flying sites? I don't know. The FAA memo from the other day said that there are approximately 350 AMA fixed sites located in controlled airspace, and less than 200 hundred are listed for recreational UAS use. Those that are in controlled airspace aren't there so that ATC can keep manned aircraft away. There is only one AMA site on the approved "in controlled airspace" list in my state. The next closest "approved site in controlled airspace" is over 200 air miles away. There are, however, many more AMA sites not in controlled airspace. But it doesn't matter, fly outside controlled airspace and one doesn't need to worry about AMA sites, other than to avoid them.

Yea point taken. I should have said “all the AMA fields I know of are in controlled airspace.” Then the question needs to be asked why are ANY in controlled airspace let alone 350?

And my point was you can’t usually fly there either. Btw this one in Las Vegas doesn’t show up on the new B4UFLY so it’s still a worthless POS. God the FAA is a mess

Reactions: kadras
yea B4ufly is junk it shows a doctors office as an airfield in a little town of less then 5000 people. Seriously the office is 2 years old now I have to call him and say Im gonna fly a drone in my back yard . Its getting a little ridiculous don't ya think. The rules are going to make law abiding citizens criminals

yea B4ufly is junk it shows a doctors office as an airfield in a little town of less then 5000 people. Seriously the office is 2 years old now I have to call him and say Im gonna fly a drone in my back yard . Its getting a little ridiculous don't ya think. The rules are going to make law abiding citizens criminals
You can thank all the fu.k tards that have to fly 10 miles away or crash into a crowed of people of even fly and crash at the white house drunk sad that the good guys have to suffer just remember when you watch YouTube or any other video that's not safe practice just drop a comment don't need to be rude just a reminder that's y there's laws know... but thats just my 2cents...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada