DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4UFLY or FAA UAS Map Data

AIXV

Reactions
Using B4ULFY app, I get the message, “Flight Prohibited”. However, when I reference the FAA UAS Map Data, the grid shows the ceiling is 400’.

I’m assuming the FAA map takes precedence, but asking for expert opinion.

The DJI Go app says, “Class E4 and gives me a warning to “fly with caution” and beeps once I’m near 400’.

You would want to check your map to see if you're near and Airport or school or other facilities that require special attention. Myself I use air map.

I like to think of the mavic as a high performance automobile. Just because it will do 150 mph, it does not mean I should be on the road and do a 150 mph.

Best wishes, have fun !

Reactions: BigDaddyP
In the area of interest, it’s outside the 5mile radius as it shows on the FAA UAS Map and the grids clearly show where the ceiling is 0’, 200’ and 400’.

Thanks!

The b4ufly or air map should let you know about restrictions. If the DJI app warns you, I would just take that as a warning. I would fly.

Reactions: BigDaddyP
In the area of interest, it’s outside the 5mile radius as it shows on the FAA UAS Map and the grids clearly show where the ceiling is 0’, 200’ and 400’.

Thanks!
Note that those altitudes do not represent automatic flight clearance.

UAS Facility Maps

UAS Facility Maps

UAS Facility Maps show the maximum altitudes around airports where the FAA may authorize part 107 UAS operations without additional safety analysis. The maps should be used to inform requests for part 107 airspace authorizations and waivers in controlled airspace.

NOTE: These maps DO NOT authorize operations in these areas at the depicted altitudes – they are for informational purposes ONLY. Operators must still apply to operate in controlled airspace (Class B, C, D, or surface area E) by completing a Part 107 Airspace Authorization or Waiver Application in the FAA DroneZone.

Individuals who request a part 107 airspace waiver and authorization are encouraged to consult the maps prior to submitting a request to determine locations and altitudes that can be approved quickly.

The maps will be published in phases, starting with Class E airport maps (published April 27, 2017).

For more information about UAS Facility Maps, please see these Frequently Asked Questions.

The b4ufly or air map should let you know about restrictions. If the DJI app warns you, I would just take that as a warning. I would fly.
I do appreciate and definitely like your response! However it didn’t address my question about the UAS Map. Or which takes precedence. Thanks though!

Note that those altitudes do not represent automatic flight clearance.

UAS Facility Maps

UAS Facility Maps

UAS Facility Maps show the maximum altitudes around airports where the FAA may authorize part 107 UAS operations without additional safety analysis. The maps should be used to inform requests for part 107 airspace authorizations and waivers in controlled airspace.

NOTE: These maps DO NOT authorize operations in these areas at the depicted altitudes – they are for informational purposes ONLY. Operators must still apply to operate in controlled airspace (Class B, C, D, or surface area E) by completing a Part 107 Airspace Authorization or Waiver Application in the FAA DroneZone.

Individuals who request a part 107 airspace waiver and authorization are encouraged to consult the maps prior to submitting a request to determine locations and altitudes that can be approved quickly.

The maps will be published in phases, starting with Class E airport maps (published April 27, 2017).

For more information about UAS Facility Maps, please see these Frequently Asked Questions.

Thanks Beachcombing!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone