DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Back home...

Olav van Gerven

Reactions
Back home, I just got the last of 25 (!) permits for publication. Some is online already, some will come within the next few days.
I encountered one situation where someone tried to tell me that I was not allowed to fly at a certain spot, but as I showed him the maps I used to check pre-flight, he admitted that it was more a request from "the soundtechnician of the filmcrew not to fly, since the sound of the Mavic Air (100 meter up, 200 meter away!) would cause a problem". Though not obligated, as a good representative for drone pilots, I got my drone in and returned early next morning to finish the flight.
Had a great time, looking forward to return next year.

Hi Olav van Gerven, your mom may have read about Otto.
Glad you had a good time, but where have you been mate and where is home?
Did I miss something?
Safe flying mate - from Down Under.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 6.14.07 pm.png

I doubt my mom would have read things about Otto - for her, Germany was like the red cloth to the bull.

Home is, where my whiskeybottle is, and at the moment, that is in Bremen, Germany (for the past 18 years it is). Just spent almost 4 weeks in Sweden, wonderfull country, great if you like to fly your drone. Some footage already published on youtube, some to come, working on the sound, since I do not want to use available music (with just one exemption: Ian Bruce, as Scottish singer/songwriter, who is a personal friend).

Have ten more clips in cue, hope to get some done this weekend.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu