DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpack Carrying Bag Case & Waterproof Hard Case

nitmavic

Reactions
I've noticed two versions of carrying cases for DJI Mavic from Banggood.
First one designed as a backpack and the second as a suitcase.

Backpack Carrying Bag Case for DJI Mavic RC Quadcopter
http://www.banggood.com/Backpack-Carrying-Bag-Case-for-DJI-Mavic-RC-Quadcopter-p-1099831.html

Looks like a reasnobale low-cost solution for storing and carrying the new DJI Mavic.

Description
Size: 43cm x 27cm x 14cm
Weight: About 1.4kg

Waterproof Hard Shell Backpack Case Carrying Bag for DJI Mavic RC Quadcopter
http://www.banggood.com/Waterproof-Hard-Shell-Backpack-Case-Carrying-Bag-for-DJI-Mavic-RC-Quadcopter-p-1099836.html

If you're not a frequent hiker I'll guess the suitcase is a better option.

Description
Size: 32cm x 34cm x 14cm
Weight: About 2.26kg

Attachments

• Backpack Carrying Bag Case for DJI Mavic RC Quadcopter.jpg
    Backpack Carrying Bag Case for DJI Mavic RC Quadcopter.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 540
  • Backpack Carrying Bag Case for DJI Mavic RC Quadcopter1 (2).jpg
    Backpack Carrying Bag Case for DJI Mavic RC Quadcopter1 (2).jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 437
  • f0a2ac1e-dd69-4de2-bbbb-c76cbacfc3ef.jpg
    f0a2ac1e-dd69-4de2-bbbb-c76cbacfc3ef.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 457
  • Waterproof Hard Shell Backpack Case Carrying Bag for DJI Mavic RC Quadcopter.jpg
    Waterproof Hard Shell Backpack Case Carrying Bag for DJI Mavic RC Quadcopter.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 541
Reactions: rawnyron
FYI, the waterproof hard shell case is also now in stock (ships from CN website). I ordered one today and will share impressions once it arrives (I expect it'll be a week or two).

I ordered a backpack on Amazon just like this and it should be arriving today. I hope it's designed and built well. I'll post my impressions once it gets here...

(Updated with different pic insertion method)

Well, here's the one I got.

20161202_190318.jpg

First impressions are pretty positive, but it's not totally perfect. I'm not exactly sure how waterproof it is (LOL), but it certainly seems water resistant. The cutouts are pretty good, but the top part of the case (opposite the foam side) doesn't really offer much protection or cushioning for the contents. Also, this seems to let the controller slide out of the cutout a bit in transit.

20161202_185253.jpg

There's room on that side (and a little zippered pocket) for adding some small, flat items, but I'd be afraid to add too much there or risk damaging some of the items that jut out of the foam cutouts.

The zippers seem pretty decent, but they're almost too tight and the little rubber pulls on them seem like they'll break after a short time of use. That'll make it really difficult to open then...

20161202_190305.jpg

The backpack straps are a little too close together to me, and when wearing it, it seems like it kinda wants to jut out away from your back a bit. It's not super comfortable, but the reality is that it's pretty light, so it's likely no big deal.

It's a little bit larger than I thought it'd be honestly. I mean, it's no monstrosity, but it's certainly bigger than the the DJI man purse.

20161202_190253.jpg

At the end of the day, is it worth the $63 I paid for it? I think the answer is yes. it looks nice, it's lightweight and functional, and it seems to offer a fairly decent middle ground between portability and protection for the price. I'd give it 3.5 outta 5 stars personally.

Last edited:
Well, here's the one I got. View media item 161
First impressions are pretty positive, but it's not totally perfect. I'm not exactly sure how waterproof it is (LOL), but it certainly seems water resistant. The cutouts are pretty good, but the top part of the case (opposite the foam side) doesn't really offer much protection or cushioning.

View media item 164
There's room on that side (and a little zippered pocket) for adding some small, flat items, but I'd be afraid to add too much there or risk damaging some of the items that jut out of the foam cutouts.

The zippers seem pretty decent, but they're almost too tight and the little rubber pulls on them seem like they'll break after a short time of use. That'll make it really difficult to open then...

View media item 162
The backpack straps are a little too close together to me, and when wearing it, it seems like it kinda wants to jut out away from your back a bit. It's not super comfortable, but the reality is that it's pretty light, so it's likely no big deal.

It's a little bit larger than I thought it'd be honestly. I mean, it's no monstrosity, but it's certainly bigger than the the DJI man purse.

View media item 163
At the end of the day, is it worth the $63 I paid for it? I think the answer is yes. it looks nice, it's lightweight and functional, and it seems to offer a fairly decent middle ground between portability and protection for the price. I'd give it 3.5 outta 5 stars personally.

Thanks for the overview :)
Could you upload the images to your post ? (I can't open them for some reason)

thanks

Thanks for the overview :)
Could you upload the images to your post ? (I can't open them for some reason)

thanks

OK... I updated my post with a different photo insertion method. Hopefully they're visible now.

in my experience hard case draw too much attention when carrying around. I like the customization and expandability of a camera bag

You mean attention like when I don this when I fly?

20161205_112810.jpg

Serves several purposes for me... Looks like I'm doing something important (LOL) and if I get disoriented (not likely) it makes easier to spot myself to get the bird pointed in the right direction on a manual return to home.

8a2b25ae53a5c8b63c74e307b62229b8.jpg
084f3b2abc9f145ed45b8fc9e39294e2.jpg
b99c87c6bae0960805845b2d3d921925.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000