DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpack

sniperkj

Reactions
Anyone know of. Good backpack that I can buy for the Mavic that can hold the $1299 combo set? I travel a lot and do not want those hard suitcase types.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Why not just use the bag that comes with the combo?

It can hold all three batteries. Check out this video:

Reactions: Kmccb
From the DJI Store information, the bag will hold "1 aircraft, 1 controller, 4 batteries, 1 smartphone, and smaller accessories such as cables."

This is what i will be useing ... it looks spot on.

This is what i will be useing ... it looks spot on.
Me too. The whole point of this folding aircraft is portability. It seems daft to buy a Mavic and then cart it around in a huge holdall when it will fit into a discreet, purpose built bag (which is included in the Fly More Combo).

The 4th goes in the Mavic.

I will only have 3 batteries . ... 45 to 60 minutes flying on foot will be long enough for me but if im in the car ill put them on charge as i use them as the car charger is faster than the mains charger ...

The case that comes with the FlyMore package isn't adequate, IMO. When I go on trips, by car or by plane, I need everything together, including charger and 4X gang charger. I remove these charger items when I get to the hotel and setup for charging at night. The small bag from DJI won't hold everything, not to mention it's kinda hard to slip the craft in and out of the bag. That bag is kinda tight and I'm always afraid of catching a prop, even when I rubber band them to the craft.

So I started my search for a decent backpack. I don't want just a carrying case because when I fly I usually hike to an appropriate site away from people, hidden from curious eyes, if possible. I really need a backpack. I've used backpacks for my P3P and P4, so I have a good idea of what I need to get the job done and protect the craft, as well as being comfortable. This first backpack to try out cost me $27, which seems really cheap, and it is, but the quality for $27 is impressive for the pack I show below. It's got plenty of room. With the complete flymore kit with charger and 3 batteries, plus the Marco Polo tracker and a case of SD cards weighs in at 7.6lbs all total. That's about half what my P4 weighs in the Think Tank Helipak backpack (which I really like). It's also very petite in size too, only 11" wide, 15" high and 7" thick. This pack has respectable material quality too, complete with the waterproof cover if needed in a pinch. The shoulder and waist belt have average padding, reasonably good. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't have a padded handle on the top to carry short distances, like to the car. In post #13 above the video shows a similar sized backpack with a nice padded handle, and the quality looks much better than this pack below with nicer padding in the shoulder straps and waist belt, however it's 3X the price, $75. It may be worth the extra money to get the better quality, but I wanted to share this unit with those who might be on a budget. My main goal is to carry the controller combined with my iPad Mini2 so I'm ready to fly faster. Since the Mavic controller wasn't made for the iPad, and it's a tight fit to integrate together each time, I'd rather haul it around integrated together. That's possible by simply laying the assembled unit on the top, as shown below in photo 3. The side pouches each carry one battery, however as you can see there's plenty of room in this backpack for other things, including more batteries. It's highly reconfigurable. Just like post #13, this would easily carry an DSLR if reconfigured slightly. The lid inside has two zippered pouches that can carry spare props. On the outside are two more zippered pouches for small things. It's also got some straps on the outside to carry a tripod if needed. For $27 it's a good deal, however I will admit I haven't actually backpacked with it yet. It does look like a good pack though.

upload_2017-1-18_21-9-50.png

upload_2017-1-18_21-10-30.png

upload_2017-1-18_21-11-7.png

upload_2017-1-18_21-11-28.png

Last edited:
This LowePro was on sale at Best Buy last month for $25. I have found it perfect and fits everything, even up to 5 spare batteries (6 total) if you want to add a layer of foam over the Mavic and put two batteries there... Also I have found my 10" tablet fits in the inner pocket so I am very pleased for $25BackPacksm.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580