DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backward flight problem?

EnricoBrun

Reactions
Hello guys, today doing filming backwards I noticed this annoying quickening of the gimbal when you brake / stop the drone in flight, I put the video below .. is it normal? thank you

The gimbal may not be quick enough to to smooth out sudden braking. Cinematic mode will dampen sudden movements.

Reactions: Test pilot
The gimbal may not be quick enough to to smooth out sudden braking. Cinematic mode will dampen sudden movements.
But does this happen to you too? I was flying in P mode, not in Sport mode, I saw this tear just flying backwards and then stopping the drone.

But does this happen to you too? I was flying in P mode, not in Sport mode, I saw this tear just flying backwards and then stopping the drone.
Yes, it has happend to me.

Most do not make aggressive moves while recording so it has not happened to them.

@EnricoBrun

Have you adjusted your sensitivity and brake settings?, this is essential for smooth video in P mode
Also as Mossiback said, smooth flying is needed
It ONLY happens with the backward flight, it should happen in all the other directions therefore, but no! Only by stopping the drone that goes backwards the Cam jumps like that!

But today I noticed that the hoovering drone in the air drifted to the left without having moved the levers ... do I have to calibrate the compass? no message in DjiGo 4 though

It ONLY happens with the backward flight, it should happen in all the other directions therefore, but no! Only by stopping the drone that goes backwards the Cam jumps like that!

When you stop from backwards flight the aircraft will pitch nose down, if you are stopping too harshly then the gimbal will run out of travel and hit the upwards physical stop, this could be what you are seeing

2 things could prevent or help with this

1. stop more smoothly and gradually, don't just release the stick to centre, let it come back gradually.
2. go into settings and enable the 30 degree upward tilt on the gimbal

Really it's number 1 that you should aim for, especially if you are intending to produce smooth video, even though these machines make it very easy to fly you still need to have some finess to get the best results

I from the braking back I leave it in hoovering not against moving the lever all forward! He can not slam!

Hitting the gimbal upward limit makes the most sense.
Even with the gimbal settings set to not go past horizontal, it still uses the remaining 30 degrees for stabilization. If it didn't, you'd have video stability issues moving forward when looking horizontally.

I noticed yesterday that the cam only jumps if the axis is at 0 or -2 / -3, if it is under -5 it does not jump anymore flying backwards ... bizarre

Nobody talks about this thing, this I find strange! I only seem to have the problem.:oops:

If you change to Cinematic mode as mentioned it will smoothly brake and come to a stop. This will reduce the gimbal jerk when flying backwards.
It will also take longer for the Mavic to come to a stop.

Reactions: EnricoBrun
If you change to Cinematic mode as mentioned it will smoothly brake and come to a stop. This will reduce the gimbal jerk when flying backwards.
It will also take longer for the Mavic to come to a stop.
Yes, I noticed, but I wanted to collect similar experiences here, if it happens to other owners of Mavic2 Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus