DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backward vision sensor calibration error

DroneCT

Reactions
Upgraded from the Mini 2 to the Air 2S recently. Already flew it a bunch of flights. Yesterday I put the 2S up and received the “Backward vision sensor calibration error, Auto calibration in progress……”
Flew it a few minutes more then landed it and powered off the drone and controller and tried again. Message cleared but within a few min of takeoff I get the message again. It was cold out, 23 degrees, and couldn’t stay out much longer..flew it a few min more and landed it with the error……
On both flights I tried to see if the sensor worked. Flew the drone slowly backward towards my house and the drone did stop.
Any thoughts?
I didn’t do any calibration checks yet….

Thanks.

Attachments

• 53FA9514-40F8-4578-9B34-ADF1EA525956.jpeg
    53FA9514-40F8-4578-9B34-ADF1EA525956.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 9
The Air2S is rated down to 0C, 32F. DJI told me it was due to camera issues, specifically the gimbal getting sluggish. But there may be other issues. So I bought an Air2 instead. It is rated down to -10C.

That said, if the drone was stored in a warm cozy room with normal humidity, then taken outside in cold dry weather, moisture can and will condense and freeze on the insides of the lenses.

Upgraded from the Mini 2 to the Air 2S recently. Already flew it a bunch of flights. Yesterday I put the 2S up and received the “Backward vision sensor calibration error, Auto calibration in progress……”
Flew it a few minutes more then landed it and powered off the drone and controller and tried again. Message cleared but within a few min of takeoff I get the message again. It was cold out, 23 degrees, and couldn’t stay out much longer..flew it a few min more and landed it with the error……
On both flights I tried to see if the sensor worked. Flew the drone slowly backward towards my house and the drone did stop.
Any thoughts?
I didn’t do any calibration checks yet….

Thanks.
We’re you able to fixed the issue? I happen to have the same with my A2S too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato