DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad evening with the Crystalsky tonight.

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I really don't know what is happening with my out fit. 2-3 week old M2P and Crystalsky Ultra. I took off tonight and decided I would have a go at Hyperlapse Waypoint. So I flew to an altitude of 200 ft and out about 500ft. I stopped pointed my camera and then pressed the blue + sign and the app crashed with an error which I cannot remember (I think it was something to do with the launcher) in a white box in the middle of the screen I think saying shut down the app "Wait" or "Ok"... So I clicked Wait and the screen was still greyed over although I could still see the radar window then I clicked OK but nothing changed. I flew back and landed manually. I then rebooted the drone and controller and CS and this time is was ok, I did the Hyperlapse perfectly is then built the video of it and then I pressed the clipboard icon which I think was manifest and it froze again. I pressed the white X in the top right but nothing and again grey over the background. I flew back manually and landed again still with the greyed over screen and pressed the CS back button, then it was back to normal. I didn't do that in flight as I didn't know what might happen. So I am quickly learning no to rely on the CS performance which is not what I was expecting. Have I got a bad piece of kit somewhere I wonder. Maybe the controller is messing about? I will be getting a Smart Controller in a week or so. This may help me eliminate what is going wrong.
I ran the firmware update last night and did refresh and it came up with an error box right at the end but then the error box wnet away and it said it was fine. Is there anything else I should have done after refreshing the firmware?

Last edited:
I really don't know what is happening with my out fit. 2-3 week old M2P and Crystalsky Ultra. I took off tonight and decided I would have a go at Hyperlapse Waypoint. So I flew to an altitude of 200 ft and out about 500ft. I stopped pointed my camera and then pressed the blue + sign and the app crashed with an error which I cannot remember (I think it was something to do with the launcher) in a white box in the middle of the screen I think saying shut down the app "Wait" or "Ok"... So I clicked Wait and the screen was still greyed over although I could still see the radar window then I clicked OK but nothing changed. I flew back and landed manually. I then rebooted the drone and controller and CS and this time is was ok, I did the Hyperlapse perfectly is then built the video of it and then I pressed the clipboard icon which I think was manifest and it froze again. I pressed the white X in the top right but nothing and again grey over the background. I flew back manually and landed again still with the greyed over screen and pressed the CS back button, then it was back to normal. I didn't do that in flight as I didn't know what might happen. So I am quickly learning no to rely on the CS performance which is not what I was expecting. Have I got a bad piece of kit somewhere I wonder. Maybe the controller is messing about? I will be getting a Smart Controller in a week or so. This may help me eliminate what is going wrong.
I ran the firmware update last night and did refresh and it came up with an error box right at the end but then the error box wnet away and it said it was fine. Is there anything else I should have done after refreshing the firmware?
I have reset the app today and cleared the cache. I think by the looks of youtube that app crashes on the CS are not uncommon. One thing about it is that you quickly learn not to panic. I am not one to panic anyway, as with my many years R/C experience (Haha in the 70s it wasn't so much why but when) panic usually leads to disaster... you cannot change the inevitable...:)
I think it is good to realise fairly soon on that the Mavic is probably going to be fine and that the app is not in control but the controller is. You tend to think that if the app freezes or whatever you have a serious problem. Not so, you can easily restart the app and even reboot the CS and the Mavic will merrily hover where it is until you get the DJI Go4 app restarted again. I find it is good to just switch on the outfit at home and go through all these scenarios and settings (albeit some only work in the air) before flying and even just to keep up. I find, especially now I am creeping into the "old codger" category now that it helps keep familiar with the system and reduces fumbling. :)
One thing that I have found very useful it the small joystick, especially for resetting the gimbal back to the centre.... Ok enough waffling (see what I mean "old codger")....

Reactions: RisingSky@UVT
Hooray, at last I think I have sorted it. I have factory reset the CS and refreshed the firmware on my M2P Dorne and Controller. Flew tonight and it was perfect. One significant indicator was the fact that when I switched from video to camera there was a good 1-2 second delay where the screen went black. Maybe it was because it was set up on the MPP first. Very odd. Now it is instant. Happy chappie again as I was losing faith. :)

Reactions: Prismatic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11