DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad luck with 4.1.22

mreloc

Reactions
I had 4.1.15 installed and was very happy with the performance of the app. Once 4.1.22 was available in the Moverio store, based on the good results others were having, I took the plunge. First time, I "updated" DJIGO4- went to fly, and PIXELATION was terrible! :( Decided to try to do a cleaner install and deleted the app altogether and then reinstalled. Made sure the Mavic and controller firmware were updated to the latest version.

First time, it wouldn't let me activate! Said I needed to enter a Chinese phone number to confirm... decided to uninstall and try again. This time, I was able to register with my DJI login- but flying still results in pixelation! What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions before I delete and go back to 4.1.15?

Are you on ISO ?

Sorry IOS ... Apple

If you are you need to remove GO4 and upgrade to IOS 11.2 then reinstall GO4

Then all I can suggest is refreshing 4.1.22 if you have not already done so and reset the camera settings to factory default.

Ok, so I wiped my BT-300 clean and reinstalled with good results. Two weird things I notice: When starting the app for the first time, where it asks for login information- I had to fight it to get the email and password entered- one letter at a time, and then I'd have to double click to get the keyboard into entry mode, over and over.

Other thing I notice weird, is when the app starts (automatically when the Mavic is started) it begins to load- sits there for a while, then seems to open a second time to continue to load. It makes me think two instances of the app are open but when I hit the square, it confirms only one instance is running.

Other than that- no pixelation :)

Just tried the sideloaded version of 4.1.22 , didn't have any latency or pixelation.

Do you have full bars on the HD setting ?

Are you in a different environment to when you flew with 4.1.15, do you notice any more signal interference when you look at the "image transmission state"

What sort of "image transmission code rate" are you getting in regular mode, should be around 10 - 12mbps for a good live feed ?

Does custom frequency settings make any difference at all to the transmission rate when you change them around

Just tried the sideloaded version of 4.1.22 , didn't have any latency or pixelation.

Do you have full bars on the HD setting ?

Are you in a different environment to when you flew with 4.1.15, do you notice any more signal interference when you look at the "image transmission state"

What sort of "image transmission code rate" are you getting in regular mode, should be around 10 - 12mbps for a good live feed ?

Does custom frequency settings make any difference at all to the transmission rate when you change them around

Hi Lannes- this is the side loaded version I’m referring to. No latency or pixelation issues with this one- just the weird behavior at app start up where it acts like it’s loading twice.

Hi Lannes- this is the side loaded version I’m referring to. No latency or pixelation issues with this one- just the weird behavior at app start up where it acts like it’s loading twice.

Ah right , the timing of my message was wrong, I was replying to your initial post

Anybody notice with their setup , that the Moverio controller is being charged by the Mavic RC, are the sensor buttons light blue when you have both on ?

Noticed this after the 11 Jan firmware upgrade to the Mavic AC and RC v v01.04.0200

I think the double start up is something to do with order of start up, I notice if I open up DJI Go 4 last that it doesn't connect, but it will after I turn off and turn on the controller again and it defaults to the Mavic

I think the double start up is something to do with order of start up, I notice if I open up DJI Go 4 last that it doesn't connect, but it will after I turn off and turn on the controller again and it defaults to the Mavic

I have my DJIGO4 set to open automatically when it connected to the controller- so i don’t actually open it. I connect the BT300 to the controller after the controller and mavic are started.

[QUOTE="I don't have video cacheing turned on[/QUOTE]
What’s wrong with having video cache on?

[QUOTE="I don't have video cacheing turned on
What’s wrong with having video cache on?[/QUOTE]

My guess is that nothing is wrong with it- just was trying anything to reduce the load on the processor any way i could think of. I haven’t turned it back on at this point but i imagine it will be dine since my pixelation issues have been resolved.

Well today's flights were nerve-wracking! Frequent app disconnections from the BT-300. Tried re-booting everything, but within a couple of minutes app would disconnect and I'd have to resort to RTH to get my Mavic back- it appeared to reconnect because I would get the popup window asking if i wanted to default to DJIGO4 when connected to USB over and over again. Anyone else have connection issues today? All firmware for controller and a/c are up-to-date.

Reactions: Anthonyk
Well today's flights were nerve-wracking! Frequent app disconnections from the BT-300. Tried re-booting everything, but within a couple of minutes app would disconnect and I'd have to resort to RTH to get my Mavic back- it appeared to reconnect because I would get the popup window asking if i wanted to default to DJIGO4 when connected to USB over and over again. Anyone else have connection issues today? All firmware for controller and a/c are up-to-date.

Were the disconnections late into the flight session, when the BT-300 controller would have been quite hot ?

Which version of DJI Go 4 4.1.22, side loaded or from the Moverio store, did you go back to the store version ?

Have you got a clean install ?
That pop up window message is usually happening when you have google services installed and there is another flight app e.g. Litchi that could be used.

Which version of DJI Go 4 4.1.22, side loaded or from the Moverio store, did you go back to the store version ?

Have you got a clean install ?
That pop up window message is usually happening when you have google services installed and there is another flight app e.g. Litchi enabled

It was the side loaded version- and it worked perfectly last weekend. It was an absolutely clean install on a reset BT-300, and i haven’t loaded anything since. I’m betting on the cable being the issue since no one else has choked in with any problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929