DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad Motors

Airmaxx23

Reactions
I received my MA2 on June 5 and I don't have a lot of flights on it, maybe 40 total. I flew around a little last night and while the props were slowing down when it was landing I heard a grinding sound. I removed all of the props and checked each motor, I have two motors (same side of the quad) that have quite a bit of play in them and the bearings sound horrible. I have not crashed it or hit anything with the props. I've been building and flying FPV drone (currently have 16 and have built close to 40) for five years and the only time I've had a motor go bad is from a horrible crash or having dirt get packed in them. The MA2 is my first camera drone and it's a little a discouraging that after a little more than two months I have two bad motors.

Yes, if you have no fault and it did not crash, this is a classic warranty issue.

You are not alone .....

• Wow
Reactions: netsonic
Not trying to argue with you, but there should be a difference between clicking from the ball bearings (mechanic) and software updates causing the motors to sound weird.

I have two motors (same side of the quad) that have quite a bit of play in them and the bearings sound horrible.
As OP wrote above, it might be the ball bearings.

Not trying to argue with you, but there should be a difference between clicking from the ball bearings (mechanic) and software updates causing the motors to sound weird.

The OP of the thread has subsequently downgraded the firmware to the older version but the clicking sound persisted. That means some mechnical failure has occurred.

Reactions: netsonic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ