DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad SD CARD = bad video footage

Alx

Reactions
Hello everyone, this week after few flight i just realise that all my record from my sd card got some " laggy move" every three sec" , i use the same sd card on my mavic mini , a cheap one "scandisk ultra" , on the MA2 memoryvideo are clean, which SD card should i buy to get atleast the same result as MA2 internal memory.

Soz for my poor english , i tried my best.

Hello everyone, this week after few flight i just realise that all my record from my sd card got some " laggy move" every three sec" , i use the same sd card on my mavic mini , a cheap one "scandisk ultra" , on the MA2 memoryvideo are clean, which SD card should i buy to get atleast the same result as MA2 internal memory.

Soz for my poor english , i tried my best.

Here's a link Best memory card for your DJI drone provided by @msinger MavicHelp and also part of a thread (see below) also on video cards thanks to @Km5er . Both provide some good info that hopefully helps clear things up.
--------------
" ‘Speed Class’ refers to the absolute minimum sustained write speeds. Cards can be rated as Class 2 (minimum write speed of 2MB/s), Class 4 (4MB/s), Class 6 (6MB/s) or Class 10 (10MB/s). The next rating is the UHS Speed Class. This stands for Ultra High Speed and refers to minimum sustained writing performance for recording video. UHS came about due to 4K-capable video devices needing faster write speeds. There are two UHS Speed Classes, UHS Speed Class 1 and UHS Speed Class 3. UHS Speed Class 1 supports a minimum 10MB/s write speed, whereas UHS Speed Class 3 supports at least 30MB/s write speed. The UHS Speed Class is denoted by either a 1 or 3 inside of a bucket U symbol. As a rule of thumb, 4K-capable camcorders will usually require at least a U3 rated SD card. Extremely high-resolution video (4 or 8K), demanded even faster cards and this is provided by V class which range from 6 to 90. The number represents MB/sec. Confused yet? Keep reading. So, going from fastest to slowest with these numbers it is V90, V60, V30 (which is equal to U3) V10 (which is equal to U1 and Speed Class 10). The remaining are not worth considering.

Also, for drones ignore A1 and A2 ratings and just pay attention to V ratings. The A ratings are for application extensive operations such as smartphones and mobile gaming consoles. This is the Application Performance Class Specification. These cards essentially extend the memory of these devices. The apps that run on these devices interact with memory space differently. Rather than a stream of sequential data (think video), they write a lot of small chunks of data wherever there's space available. That's known as random read/write (compared to sequential read/write that's important for video). A card that is suitable for random reading and writing may not be suitable for sequential reading and writing. The A1 and A2 cards have different random read and write ratings but have the same minimum sequential write speed of 10 megabytes per second. This speed is equivalent to the Class 10 video speed rating. The Class 10 rating is about the same is the V10 rating. The V10 rating is too slow for your drone.

So, the bottom line for your drone camera (at least DJI drones) you need a minimum V30 card (or U3). The card may also have other ratings (Such as A or U) but if it says V30 or better you are good. And as always, the best bet is to see what the manufacturer recommends/requires. But keeping it simple = V30 minimum.
"
----------------

Your card is good for stills and 1080 video, may stutter with 2.7k. Not fast enough for 4k. Get a card rated V30 (in a size that works for you.)

it's not complex, go buy a U3 card of the size you want. If it says U3(vs U1) then it will work fine.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Yes u3 v30, SanDisk do an extreme pro for reasonable money.
However using H265 can cause issues on playback if your computer is not a recent high spec one!! So try H264 as well, experiment . Also try uploading toYouTube (keep private if prefer) and see how it looks. Found it fixed my jerky H265 footage once uploaded .

i never play videos off the card, always copy to ssd then work with them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929