DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bald eagle takes out park drone today

Madmitch

Reactions
I don’t know if anybody mentioned this today but was on national news that bald eagle took out phantom series drone today, no match eagle won, scientist was using drone to measure erosion of some canyon. Anybody else see or hear this. I searched topic could not find anything on forum.

Reactions: Droniac
I was just reading about it, got there from this post from arcticfrost in the latest thread on our friends the birds:

Reactions: Droniac
I was just reading about it, got there from this post from arcticfrost in the latest thread on our friends the birds:

Thanks good info

Reactions: rehkram
I don’t know if anybody mentioned this today but was on national news that bald eagle took out phantom series drone today, no match eagle won, scientist was using drone to measure erosion of some canyon. Anybody else see or hear this. I searched topic could not find anything on forum.
Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) State of Michigan. Shooting video of coastal erosion of Lake Michigan in UP and LP. Copule people saw the strike and crash, into 4 feet of water. Initial efforts to recover the Phantom Pro were unsuccessful.

I’m somewhat just down the road, and have noticed the population of Eagles is definitely increasing. I’ve only had one take a look at me but no attack. I think you have to watch out for the season and nesting locations. There’s at least one in the National Lakeshore 1/4 mi from me.
Actually I see many more Turkey Vultures in groups of three or more, but they don’t seem to be interested. They are highly focused on the dead squirrels supplied by the boss.:oops:

Apologies for being dense, but which boss? One of the other, bigger, turkey vultures, or the governor? :)

[Slightly later ~~~] if anyone thinks that was a political post, it was not. I honestly have no more clue about politics than the next man, nor turkey vultures, hereafter referred to as TVs, either.

BTW talking of TVs I got a great, for me, sequence the other month flying up a well-known, by me, hillside path through fields, jumping a fence through a gap in the fenceline trees at 10 feet, dropping back to lower level in the next field, and turning semi-smoothly to the right into two turkey vultures sitting in the field looking sideways at the camera.

I had flown that path several times but obviously could not have planned this so reactions were intuitive. Looking at the footage I backed off the speed because of the surprise, recovered my wits, adjusted the gimbal, noted the birds were fixing to exit stage left, and yawed slightly in that direction. Off they flew in that elegant TV way, and I continued on my way in the other direction.

I was stoked that I got it on video, and likewise to get my drone back since it was behind the trees at that point. It wasn't perfect by any means but it'll do for now. One day I'll finally get setup on youtube and share some shorts that I think are worthwhile, and big thanks to all who do share already and help us to imagine our own shots.

And yeah yeah, I do already know the old saying "without posting the video it didn't happen". I'll get there, takes a little time.

Keep on trucking folks.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom