DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ban on all drone activity in Sri Lanka- Travelers be aware.

shehant2009

Reactions
After the recent Easter bombings, all drones have been grounded in Sri Lanka. While this might seem like a bit of an overkill, there were two instances where the terrorists were trying to use drones. They tried to do a drone video at one of the Churches where they failed to carry out the attack and another DJI drone was found at the terrorist base.
As some users had mentioned in this forum before, Sri Lanka has had a fairly liberal drone policy. While there was a requirement to register the drone with the Civil Aviation Authority, tourists were allowed to get by without registering.... unfortunately, all that has come to an end.

Here's the official CAASL announcement: https://www.caa.lk/images/stories/pdf/Drones/drone_en_new.pdf

Yep. I just bought my very first drone ever last Friday.... Not even flown it a single time... an M2ED of all things..... ?

I can understand that, on the UK news they showed a house that had just been raided over there, loads of bomb making stuff and yep you guessed it, a DJI phantom drone was amongst the stuff too.

Such a same☹️

Bugger, another small group ruins it for everyone. Can understand it though. Hopefully they will reverse it when things die down.

Reactions: john mc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird