DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Banding in Images-

Chris155

Reactions
Site
www.christieimages.com
I had this same issue occur on a Mavic Air. I switched memory cards and it no longer occurred.
Now its happening on the Mavic 2 Pro with a new memory card.. Seems strange it would happen to a new device.. It was shooting fine for the days leading up to this..
Any ideas what is causing this banding ?? anyone seen this before? Camera is tilted slightly down so I can't see how the props would cause this issue

Attachments

• oceann.jpg
    oceann.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 227
  • lions2.jpg
    lions2.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 211
I have never seen that before. I mean I have seen blades in sport mode or windy days but it did not look like that.

It almost looks like the "bands" are slices of the image shifted left. I can see if I can confirm this theory when I get back to me computer tonight. However, I have no idea how this would happen...

It almost looks like the "bands" are slices of the image shifted left. I can see if I can confirm this theory when I get back to me computer tonight. However, I have no idea how this would happen...
That does look possible. I’ll check the high Rez when I get home or take test shots with something to test that idea..
The purple on the left side could be where there was no data.

Definitely not prop shadows. Card might be defective/counterfeit or in need of formatting (while installed using Go 4).

Reactions: Corthan
Quick question: Are you shooting RAW and doing any post production converting to TIFF or JPG by chance? I wonder if something is happening in a conversion...

Roger that. So we know that it's happening to (2) Quads and on (2) flashcards.
Another couple questions: (almost reaching for straws here...)
Are you running any other application on top of the DJI Go 4 app? (KittyHawk, etc?) Pondering a A2A communications glitch...
Are you running IOS or Android? Double check the systems are up to date?

These are certainly read/write error on the card. The fact that they are not linear is due to the lens corrections applied to the images to correct for the barrel distortion due to the wide angle lens. I'd bet that they are jpegs that have been optimised by the software. My money is on a dodgy / cheap card. Stick in a Lexar or Sandisk and most likely the problem will do away. Just my 5p.

Reactions: Bryce steiner
Running IOS and no other apps running .
Roger that. So we know that it's happening to (2) Quads and on (2) flashcards.
Another couple questions: (almost reaching for straws here...)
Are you running any other application on top of the DJI Go 4 app? (KittyHawk, etc?) Pondering a A2A communications glitch...
Are you running IOS or Android? Double check the systems are up to date?
Running IOS and no other apps running.

Sorry if this is redundant. Does this happen randomly? Does it happen on multiple different memory cards?

These are certainly read/write error on the card. The fact that they are not linear is due to the lens corrections applied to the images to correct for the barrel distortion due to the wide angle lens. I'd bet that they are jpegs that have been optimised by the software. My money is on a dodgy / cheap card. Stick in a Lexar or Sandisk and most likely the problem will do away. Just my 5p.
Cards were purchased and a reputable store.
sandisk U3 extreme pro fast read/write speed..
I returned that and bought lexar and it’s happening again.
I do feel it’s the cards.
What’s
The cards are from a reputable dealer- 1st Sandisk when it happened on the Mavic Air.. I switched to Lexar with no issues..
All cards to spec for Mavic.
I'll take the Lexar back and try something else.
With the Mavic Air I did not have that banding on internal storage, just external.. I'll do more testing this evening.. Regardless the Lexar is going back.. I'd agree its a card issue..
This Lexar is brand new, and formatted U3, 1000x.
cc

Cards were purchased and a reputable store.
sandisk U3 extreme pro fast read/write speed..
I returned that and bought lexar and it’s happening again.
I do feel it’s the cards.
What’s

The cards are from a reputable dealer- 1st Sandisk when it happened on the Mavic Air.. I switched to Lexar with no issues..
All cards to spec for Mavic.
I'll take the Lexar back and try something else.
With the Mavic Air I did not have that banding on internal storage, just external.. I'll do more testing this evening.. Regardless the Lexar is going back.. I'd agree its a card issue..
This Lexar is brand new, and formatted U3, 1000x.
cc
Please post if this solves your issue. TIA.

That does look possible. I’ll check the high Rez when I get home or take test shots with something to test that idea..
The purple on the left side could be where there was no data.
I did some test images this evening and the image is getting sliced and moved left in the bands.
I'll try a new card next I guess..So strange it happened on the Mavic Air to me as well, makes me think software or IOS issue is possible.
I'll have to double check the app to see if dthe bands are there as well... with a quick look I did not see them but doubting myself..
c.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom