DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Baptism of fire.

Adonai

Reactions
Hello folks.

Bought yesterday a Mavic 2 pro, with "downgraded" zoom gimbal + the fly more kit, from a very precise geek guy,
The drone was in perfect condition, as if new, batteries had 16, 11 and 9 charging cycles respectively.

Brought the drone home, sat up the app and calibration and stuff and went out for some testing, until this evening with sensors disabled cause of darkness, plus poor knowledge of how to stop the tracking "cirle around target" mode, crashed it at a silly low speed and alttude (2 mt) into an iron fence and then on the asphalt.

Resulting in all the propellers broken, minor scratches on the front plate and rear landing foot, scratches on the front lens ring, gimbal body and arm, scratches on the rear left motor, whose bottom cap (the one holding the leds) has come loose, and i think the motor itself has become slightly stiffer to spin.

That was my baptism of air, will update with phictres soon

Care refresh+ activated by the previous owner already expired

After I checked the drone: gimbal and zoom seem to still work, and the drone did fly correctly with both the broken propellers and the new one, i am just worried for the motor, i think it spins slightly stiffer and noisier than the others.

What do you think i should do?

Oh, nice to meet you, of course ;)

Reactions: dirkclod and Gindra
hard to say for sure.
but I would think if you run a quick flight and then upload the logs, the pro's here could see if one of the motors was not running as it should

directions for uploading logs are here

Reactions: Adonai
Sorry for unfortunate accident. Curious- What do you mean “and the drone did fly correctly with both the broken propellers and the new one”? Are you letting it spin up with a broken propellers? The imbalance will not be very good for the motors, I would think. If you want to test it ,take the propellers off. But first check for dirt inside the motors, some people have reported grinding and other obstruction of the spinning due to even small amounts of dirt inside them. Use dry compressed air to clean them out.

Reactions: Yogi27 and Adonai
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.... it will get better.

As far as your bird. Sorry to hear about your first experience....

If you can’t see anything in the motor, like a broken retaining tab from a prop, I’d recommend having it checked out by a professional. You don’t want to lose a motor while in flight!
While that is happening I recommend reading the full, only online, version of the manual for your drone....

Welcome to the forum. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Adonai
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S